Trip review March 1-5

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by FF3, Mar 6, 2016.

1. FF3

FF3 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Just got back after 5 days, third time there. Usually I do not like to be negative about a business but things have changed since our last trip and not for the better.

First off, the staff busted their butts off but there were almost never enough bartenders at the Tiki bar. The guys worked hard to keep everyone happy.

Secondly, almost every night the bars ran out of regular beer and only had a dark beer to serve. Whisky was another item that seemed to be missing later in the evening. I don't know how many times we asked for a drink and where told they were out of something and couldn't make it.

The lack of evening entertainment was another downer. 5 straight nights of Karaoke in the Sixties bar? Give me a break.

The food was still okay, the Barn as good as always.

Good luck trying to find a chair to sit in on the beach. They appear to be missing, not because the beach was full of people.

The whole atmosphere was so different from our previous trips. Our group has decided to not go back and will start looking for a new venue to party at.

In talking to many regulars we can see why the numbers seemed down. One guy told us that the owner from before passed away and now his kids hired a management company to run it. Can't verify it but I'm throwing it out there.

It's too bad, we always had fun there!

2. Skifree

Skifree Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    That's to bad to hear that,
    Where headed down 4-30 to 5-7 for the first time at GP.
    Anything good to report or suggestions on what we shouldn't miss at the GP?

3. vodkatonic

vodkatonic Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    We also went but in mid jan, was our 3rd time,, we meet the owner 2 years ago a very nice man yes he did pass away,(rip)we were told his kids have control ,also ran out of beer,liquor, many times,,,,wtf,,yes the works work hard and we spoke to management ,they turned a deaf ear,sadly we wont be back,,,,GP was a good chill place..........APRIL 22=29 TTR....woohooo

4. FUNINTHESUNJJ

FUNINTHESUNJJ Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, that's a lot of complaints. That is sad to hear, though, I guess it's a matter of opinion. I've read 4 recent trip reports with either no complaints or one and that was just that they had to move rooms. They had a blast other wise. I can't wait to get back. April 6-16 for us!

5. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    It will interesting to hear if these issues continue, thanks for the updates.

6. gopher

gopher Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were there for our first time Feb 28-Mar 2. All of the above is true. Checked in and went to get a beer but ran out! Great start! And that was the first of several times they ran out of certain types of regular booze. We messaged the hotel twice prior to arrival about booking ocean view. No one returned our emails. Negotiated our 2nd and 3rd nights to be ocean view. Original price was $80/night. Said that was too high and eventually settled on $30/night. Staff were fantastic. Beach was gorgeous! The rest was just so-so. Glad we tried it but definitely won't be back. Temp is WAY better. Yes karaoke was fun but not every night. Shows were boring. Wok for lunch was awesome. Barn for steak wasn't all that bad. Give those employees a break from the repeated Garth Brooks dvd playing over and over! It must drive them nuts! No Wifi here. Walk over to Hard Rock on the beach and you can pick it up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice