Trip Review 12/23 Thru 1/2

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by yesanddave, Jan 4, 2022.

1. yesanddave

yesanddave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    We had an excellent trip as first timers and got to enjoy both Christmas and New Years at the resort.
    Overall everything exceeded our expectations and we will definitely be going back.

Ten nights at this resort is too much. It’s party party party and it’s a lot. The themes and events are really designed around people staying maybe 5 days or less. After that you do pickup on the repetition. Our next trip we plan to split between Temptation and Desire which we learned is a common thing to do.

The crowd was overall good and a bunch of fun. We did see noticeable changes during our longer stay. The crowd was mostly American, and Canadian with a mix of other countries. 23rd – 25th were relatively cheap days to stay and occupancy was lower, the crowed was clearly younger, not following rules as well, and a little less friendly. After the 25th the prices went up exponentially every night to NYE and each day the crowed became slightly older, more friendly, and honestly just a little more fun.

The type of people here varies wildly. Our first few days the average age was about 30-35, the end of the trip 40 – 50. About 60% are people just looking to party. 20% Lifestyle and 20% other. I would guess about 33 – 50% of women at any given time were going topless so better participation than some other recent reviews.

As for the proverbial punching bag of Single guys. Overall they were not a big issue but that’s not to say they were not an issue at all. Most of them were just fine, and some were downright friendly, and we hung out with a couple of them for a bit. Some were d-bags, some lacked personal skills, and some sadly though this pace was a sure thing 24x7 orgy and were very disappointed. The two that I saw act truly inappropriately got… aggressively.. removed by security very quickly. A small group of frat boys on a day pass that were a big problem harassing guest and staff but they got their butts tossed from the hotel after a couple of hours.

Hits:
    Theme parties – This is in my hit and misses. The Bash parties are good fun and had pretty good participation.

Sea Flirt, Romanza, Sutra and Caffeine – We really enjoyed the food and atmosphere.

Boobs Cruise: Just do it. Give it a try, we were hesitant and ended up loving it.

Bash Tower – Great room, good views of the resort.

Sexy Pool – It’s a fun experience. It’s all party.

Quiet Pool – It’s good to unwind and take a break. Usually not more than a few people there.

Cameras – I was surprised, no issue. People did pull them out and the playmakers were quick to shame anyone that did, relentlessly.

Security – Overall we felt safe on the resort and security does step in pretty quickly. They have two level of security, the uniformed presence in white and what I called the enforcers in pink and black. People who try to come up from the beach are removed very quickly if they even get in. How they react seems to depend on the situation. Guest between guest they seem to separate you. If you touch staff and then get mouthy after you may find yourself in an armbar getting dragged out of the hotel.

Playmakers – Can’t speak more highly of them. They are great and great at what they do. They work very hard to make sure people have a good time.

Butler – Our butler Steph was great. Never really used a butler before and didn’t use her much on this trip but the few things we did she was the best.

Misses:

Theme parties – Staying for 10 nights you realize just how repetitive the shows are. Non-participants killed the mood a bit, it’s fine you don’t want to dress in theme but don’t show up in shorts and a tank top, you just drag the vibe down. The single creepers tend to keep to the back.

Flame, She, and the Buffets – Flame is loud, and food was poor. She was a great show but food was inconsistent. I had courses way under done while my wife’s were perfect, both our steaks were way over cooked with mine well past well done. Buffets are buffets and I don’t like them in general.

Inconsistent enforcement of dress codes – If you’re going to have them then enforce them. I hate having to change into long pants and a collard shirt to meet the dress code only to be sat next to a person wearing a tank top and flip flops. It also kind of ruins the romantic NYE dinner when the guy across from you is wearing his nicest Tits Out – A** Up tank.

Beach – The beach wasn’t that bad but the creepers get old fast. If it’s not the middle-aged guys that “stroll by” 20 times in 15 minutes, then it’s the teens trying to see some boobs. It’s a public beach so it is what it is. Security does come down and stand near the teens to scare them away quickly. So mostly you just have creepers to tend with.

Day passes – I personally would like to see them limit day passes to guest who checked out that day only. While no major issues if someone at the resort was likely to be obnoxious or otherwise a d-bag there was a good chance they were day passers. Also seemed like a few day passers were getting hit up for some big extra charges for staying past their time, so if you do day pass make sure you check out before 6PM.

Overhyped:

New Years Eve – After days of hype from the staff for the special “over the top” show, it was blah. It was just elements from the shows we saw all week, nothing new. It was still a fun night.

Balcony Shows – They happen, once you’ve seen one you’ve seen it.

Sales Pitches – They approach you, say no and they’ll leave you alone. We attended one and compared to other resorts they were actually very low pressure.

The elephant in the room:

Ah COVID. Are people at the resort testing positive? Yes. At least two rooms in my hallway did. At least two couples we met tested positive after returning home. Do what you feel safe doing.

2. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Sounds like our trip from LY!. The staff including the bartenders, servers, and playmakers are great. The dress code inconsistencies are frustrating. The NYE hype is to get you to buy a $400 table.

3. yesanddave

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    Yeah, the upsell on NYE was expected but annoying. Special dinners at all the restaurants. They brought in like 10 extra cabanas for Bash and a bunch of extra tables.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the detailed trip report.

Curious to know how you were sure these people were day pass holders? They actually sell very few day passes - the price is prohibitive for locals, and tourists are usually reluctant too since they have already paid for a place.

If you check out that day, you don't need a day pass. Also, a day pass is good until the early hours. It doesnt end at 6pm. When I get one I dont usually get there until 9 pm.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  5. yesanddave

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    The daypassers, or at least the ones we were told were day passers, were wearing a different type of wristband. I don't know if they were doing something different because of the New Year or covid but as soon as we checked out they cut off our wrist bands but offered to sell us day passes. We had to stay in the lobby until our shuttle came. I didn't hear the full argument and may have been a bit drunk but there was a couple arguing at the reception desk because they overstayed and were being asked to pay a bunch more. Sounded like it was $300 for the two of them. I know the day pass we were given for Desire was 9am to 6pm only.

6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Never heard that before in all my visits and reading on this forum. They normally cut your band and offer a little piece of paper that you could show to anyone that asked. You do not have to stay in the lobby until your shuttle comes. I have been in the pool drinking right up until 5 minutes of our pickup.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Same! In fact I often try to book a late return flight so I can take advantage and get a "free" day at the resort. It's always so sad when they cut off the bracelets but then we hold on to that little paper ticket for dear life!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. yesanddave

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    Odd, never offered us any paper ticket and we checked out in the Premier office so I would think they would be the most lenient. I'm guessing they were doing something different that day maybe due to either covid limits or just overall capacity. I know several couples we met wanted to extend their trips and couldn't because the resort was sold out those days. Our shuttle was coming 45 minutes anyway so I didn't push or question it. Good to know for our next trip.

9. Curious1

Curious1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    We were there the 28th through the 2nd. We were out of our room by 12:00 noon as we we're told we could stay till then. Went to lobby bellman took our suitcases. We were not being picked up till 2:00 p.m. so we didn't even check out until 1:45. They didn't say anything just cut our bracelets.

10. yesanddave

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    Good to know. They had told us at check-in to be out by 11am so we just went down at 10:30 and checked out. Didn't know we should have waited to actually check out. The bellman did take our suitcases as soon as we came off the elevators, the service was quite good at the resort.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice