Trip Report - well sort of

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by John_Illinois, Feb 23, 2015.

1. John_Illinois

John_Illinois Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In October we booked Sens for Feb 12-20. When we arrived around 3pm on the 12th, we were told they were overbooked. We were forced to relocate to Grand Oasis Cancun. We were stunned and didn't seem to have any good options other than accept the change. The agent at Sens said this happens often and told us that other people would be moved to the other place also.
    We booked through Orbitz and I'm still trying to get some sort of compensation from either and I'm not sure who is to blame. I'm not sure if "confirming our reservation" prior to the trip would have made any difference.
    We visited Sens one afternoon. We spent a couple of hours from about 3pm until 5pm at the pool. There wasn't much energy, nor was there was any sort of sexy vibe. We didn't bother to try any restaurants or even walk around much.
    At this point I'm done with Oasis, time to find something else.

2. FunFoss

FunFoss Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I don't think it would have made any difference, We were not overly impressed with Oasis either.

3. Edward-Alli

Edward-Alli Photofucker Registered Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    Sorry you had a bad experience, occasionally hotels overbook to make sure all rooms are full. They usually will ask for volunteers to go to an upgraded room at another sister resort, but not force you if you say no, only last resort thing.

Have you ever thought about Temptation resort it is a better sexy vibe then the Oasis as they changed their theme last year to a family resort.

4. dave6868

dave6868 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    I am also sorry that you had a bad experience,now i am nervous that we will get bumped from Temptation in April.

5. FunFoss

FunFoss Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    At least it is an upgrade at TTR, at Oasis it is not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice