Trip Report May 27 - June 5

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by 68Stang, Jun 15, 2015.

1. 68Stang

68Stang Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I'm finally getting to the trip report of our visit to the GP in May / June.

We arrived in the afternoon and grabbed a couple of drinks at the stand outside the airport while we waited for the transport to take us to the GP. Upon arrival we were greeted and asked to wait in the reception area where we were provided a couple of refreshing drinks (the first were N/A...that was quickly rectified to strong refreshing drinks). We were given our wristbands and given a short tour then off to our room to check it out. We had a lagoon side room with hot tub on the top floor. (wife wanted to see sunsets not sunrises). They had a nice bottle of champagne an fruit basket there for us (part of the package). We unpacked quickly and headed out to get the lay of the property.

It is not a big property which is nice, however as has been stated before it is a bit dated. They are in process of sprucing things up however. We checked out the places to eat and the various bars. We decided to eat the first night at the old barn (steakhouse) it was pretty good. We met Fonzy at the bar at old barn and chatted with him a little bit and had a couple of drinks then headed over to the Tiki Bar, had another drink then headed up to the room to check out the jacuzzi and champagne. It was our time to reconnect as it has been a trying year for us.

The wife wanted to hang out on the beach the first day so we did that and really just chilled out.. Wife decided that there was too much seaweed and surf (every day was a red flag day except 1) so she wanted to hang out by the pool area. That was fun and participating in the games the entertainment staff had throughout the day was fun also. We were going to play tequila volleyball until someone sliced up their foot pretty bad on the pool tile. that happened 4 different times during our stay there, so we did not play any water volleyball, etc in the pool..we used it but stayed away from that area of the pool. Tiki Bar service was awsome. We hung out there and the 60's bar. While we were at the Tiki Bar we saw some body shots (wife said no way she wasn't drunk enough for that)..but other than that it was pretty tame. The 60's bar is where the entertainment staff would have evening activities..Karaoke, games etc.. One of them was couples who would have to do various things the winner would get a complimentary massage at the spa..some of the things were getting mens shirts, pants, shorts, womens bra's etc..it was quite funny as people would walk into the 60's bar and see people in various stages of undress then turn around and head back out. I think that was the most fun of the evenings we spent time at the 60's bar..the Bartender Fermin really had the drinks flowing there and they were awsome.

We also went on the complimentary lagoon booze cruise..that was kinda only way to put it meh..mostly because it was raining..and they put the curtains of the boat down..couldn't see anything because of the rain. However they had the usual drinking games and once those got going it turned into a pretty good party. The wife kicked everyones butt in Tequila shots..after round 2 no one would go up against her..Wife said if we go back to cancun "screw this we are gonna do the Boobs Cruise..sounds like lots more fun." Who am I to argue :aktion033:

Oh btw..there was no one going topless while we were there..if there had been wife would have been there with them...And we didn't witness any PDA's at the pool, or tiki bar..however we did provide a couple of balcony shows on our balcony..would have been better if we were on the beach side..

Now as to the accomodations..they were ok..the bed was short for me..so we ended up sleeping horizontal on the bed..which worked out nice..they need to change the beds for taller people. The staff is great! They work their tails off. I would tip the staff as I saw fit. The places to eat are good too.. we ate at every place..and even went to the sister resort Great Parnassus to the french place one night for dinner..that was very good.

They need to renovate the pool and built in hot tub..4 people getting injured by sharp tiles is not good. while the wife and I were in the common hot tub I found 4 loose tiles on the floor. I picked them up and gave them to maintenance..

That's pretty much it..we met lots of nice folks and re-connected with each other which was the goal for this trip. Would we stay there again? Probably.we wouldn't spend for the top of the line room though..and we would get beach side. Also we would see if the pool / hottub has been refurbished..that really killed the tequila volleyball for us.. I think that if / when we go back to cancun we might try TTR to see how that works for us. Definately will do the Boobs Cruise.

2. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thanks for the report. Glad your trip was fun and you were able to relax. Sorry Fonzi is at the barn. How were the tiki bartenders?

3. 68Stang

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jose and Moises worked their tails off at the Tiki Bar..they were great..kept our cups filled with whatever we wanted.

4. vacationfun2

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Gonzo used to be the day bartender, he was great as well

5. vacationfun2

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Oops, Fonzi

6. 68Stang

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    He is at the Old Barn, he made us some killer strawberry mojitos. The changes that they are doing with moving the staff around to different areas could be good, could be bad..I think time will tell. As the employee's said they need to give it time to see how it will work out.

7. Loads-of-fun

Loads-of-fun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks going for the first time in Aug. We cant wait

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice