Trip Report - Labor Day Weekend 2020 (my Usual Length)

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Stacia_and_John, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Hi, y'all...

Trip Report for our trip #29 (I still find that amazingly-weird) to Temptation. I'm also going to specifically review the room we had... upgraded-to, actually in a different thread as it is sort of a bummer, reality check sort of thread and would draw down the "tone," if you will, of this one. THIS thread is a celebration of all Other things TTR (well, mostly...)! Boo-yah! Here we go!

Flight: Weird going into Houston Hobby airport and not finding lines at check-in counters, just a couple people queue-ed up, and going right up to the counters to check baggage and get their boarding passes for the flights. Masks on everyone, of course. Socially-distanced in the "grocery store" method (i.e. Front-to-back, 6 ft. apart, no problem. But... lines are side-by-side. I'm glad the virus doesn't know how to move sideways)

Since Southwest Airlines opened their own new International Terminal at Houston's Hobby Airport (which is super-awesome as our "through the airport" time when we get back from Mexico is down to about 15 minutes, INCLUDING Customs & Immigration and claiming luggage thank you!) we've started a new sort of trip ritual, going to the In the Terminal Pappasitos to get frozen margaritas or bloody Mary's, regardless of departure time. I mean, why not? We're on vacation, might as well get started with a 24-oz. frozen margarita, even if it IS 8:00 a.m.! I mean, who wouldn't?

Flight to Cancun Aeropuerto smooth & event-less, which is how I like my flights. Landed... fewer people than we're used to, but no other changes except for folks all wearing facemasks. No temperatures being taken at the airport, y'all. Don't know if that's a change, or what. If you've not been through the Southwest terminal in/at Cancun Aeropuerto, a couple of things are different. There is no longer the push the button, hope for green light station... you just get your luggage, and just like Paris, walk right the F out the airport. Security? Customs? All that must happen backstage during the luggage transfer from plane to claim. Outside the Southwest terminal, they no longer have the person pushing around a beverage... it was bigger than a cart... a cart-on? I don't know what to call it, but they don't use it anymore. There's a little bar/cantina right outside the airport now, like the one outside the terminal where most of the United flights come in.

Got outside, finally found USA Transfers, who, being staffed less, had fewer greeters there when you make it through the taxi drivers and tour scammers... finally found them WAY out there, down near the end. If you think you've gone too far, but you can still go farther to get to people, go forth and do that. We felt like we were WAY farther than we'd been before. When I handed off my bags to the USA Transfers guys, they immediately wiped them down with handcloths which had an antiseptic/cleaner smell, so there that was. I don't know if they changed cloths each time, if they even need to? Anyway, loaded up and on our "way home."

Got to the resort at about Noon-thirty, headed into the VIP check-in room, and got asked immediately, "Is this your first time to Temptation?"

WTF? OK... I'm a smart-ass, I understand that. I get it. It's part of my nature and I've been fighting it for years. But... think about where we were... VIP check-in room. You probably need to have been there before to be "in There" to check-in, right? Regardless, we shouldn't be asked again by someone who is looking at the computer, should we? Pet peeve of Stacia. That computer ought to say, "Guests have Visited 29 times" in flashing, bright, bold letters at the top of the screen, I think. I mean, I suppose if you were coming to TTR on a referral from a Member, and it was your first time, you might end up in there to check in, but still. The staff "should" know who, of their members, are going to "show up" that day and approximately when (they are connected in the e-way to USA Transfers, right?).

And, "No, we don't want to go receive the new information," Stacia told the lady.... who insisted that, since we'd not been at TTR since March (gasp! So long!) we needed to know all about all the new changes and new programs. Stacia said no, again. The lady brought it up again, we're thinking to make sure that her co-workers heard her "staying on target" to which Stacia again said, "No, we're not interested, we already have the memmbership level we want." (platinum, the old way they described it, and upgraded to shift it to DRM) The lady did more check-in activities of some kind... and ASKED AGAIN. So, I sort of... um... barked at her with, "She's told you no three times now. We aren't doing it and we want to start our vacation, so can you just finish the check-in?"

So, of course, our room wasn't ready. Uh huh. Sure.

Anyway, we're good to go, as we know the drill, we go to the bags, pull out her string thing bottom, and a cover-up, my trunks, our flip-flops and the beach bag with sunscreen and down to the Sexy Pool we go! See the guys working the Member's Deck Bar, see a few people we've met before, and start looking for people who are going to be there, e.g. FakeNewsTeam and so forth. See people, talk to people get drinks, drink drinks. Wait, it's 3:30 and our room was to be ready at 3:00 so up we go to go get it.

This is where I'm going to refer y'all to the other thread I'm going to write up, on the Seduction Ocean Front Suite. It's ... critical, in a complaining way... so I'll put it "over there," and we can continue the fun "over here."

Real quick, here's a pic of... ah... the patio/balcony on the Suite. You just have to look around the side of Stacia to see it.

[​IMG]

So, back down and back out to the Sexy Pool, hung out down there until around 6:00 or so, having a good time, meeting Paul & Rayanne (great people), several 1st timers to TTR including a couple who'd been to DRM... I think they said 15 times and never had tried TTR. That was interesting. I told them, "Hey, this place is a Lot of fun, and your drinking can get away from you in a hurry. It's not the same pace as DRM." They looked at me sort of sideways, OK whatever. We went up to get a shower and get ready for an early dinner as we wanted to be out and about on Naughty Schoolgirl & Geeks night. Went to Sutra (Asian), and Stacia & I got to see Senui & Juan (those guys have been working the restaurants for TTR a combined 35 years!). Stacia gets a couple of the sushi... pieces? Slices? I don't know... and I got the Sweet & Sour Chicken, prepared 5-Star super-spicy. Dinner is great, we're full and happy, and merrily buzzing along. Walking back towards the room to change, and I snapped this pic....

[​IMG]

And we get to the room, note that it's not even 7:45 yet, so Stacia says, "I'm just going to get off my feet for around 15 minutes." I shrug, kick off the shoes and lay back on the bed.... and it is suddenly 3:00-ish a.m. Whoops. It bit me again, the 1st day curse. Oh well, it's not like I don't have the following three days, and we'll be back and we know it. It's all good.

Next day, Cortus and his lady joined us, and it took them a bit to wind down from the rigors of travel. Here is said Lady and Stacia as we all just get out to the pool together. Note - tops still on, which is how you Know it's early.

[​IMG]

Saw the couple who'd been to DRM some-teen times... and Gee, they didn't make it out last night either. Sideways looks, my butt... Anyway...

So we finally got them loose (Cortus) about 6:00 or so, just in time to go get some dinner before the so-called Toga night. It seems like a lot of folks are sort of turning it into Roman night, Gods/Goddesses, like that. That's what Stacia did, a flowy, sort of translucent white dress with a circlet, upper and lower arm bracelets and some gold-colored heeled sandals. It was pretty cool. Good to meet, greet and so on. Met some cool couple from Baton Rouge, Brian and Crystal who we rolled around the resort with partying until we left Monday. They got to stay until Wednesday. No pics of this time frame... we were having too much fun to stop I think.

Saturday was another fun day at the pool, powering through until we could start up the, after dinner at Romanza, Nighttime Foam Party. Steve & Janet were there, as was Sarah69, everyone having a Killer good time. We got to hang out with Dawn & Curtis ($parky of the Butts, Boobs & Boats get-togethers for charity), got to talk to Paul & Rayanne for quite a while, did some shots... and some bodyshots out there at the Member's Deck Bar... did NOT get in the pool with the foam. It sort of skeeved-out all the ladies... thinking about the "biology" in there. You might go in and not get out. At least, not unscathed! LOL! Tons of great pics which would violate Steve's "No Nips & Naughty Bits" rule, even though he was having a great time with us while the rest of us did it!

Still, lots of tom-foolery and shenanigans just hanging out by the Deck Bar. At one point Stacia had her little... I guess you'd call it a dress, but it was mostly large-hole mesh up top with pasties and a very mini-micro skirt as part of it just off, so I asked her to kneel on the stool and some bodyshots where had all in good fun. We do NOT remember walking back to the room, but the pictures prove we did, so there you go.

Our last night was 911 night, and she went as a Cop (Anita Bribe costume). Here's that pic...

[​IMG]

THAT was cool as a lady came up and told us that one of the friends at her table (Bash outside) had commented on her walking past, something like, "I could handle getting frisked by that one!" Well, this lady is the bestie of that guy's wife, so they schemed to surprise him. She came up, introduced herself, dropped the story and Stacia went over and "arrested" him, complete with "arms straight, palms on the wall. Spread your legs. Farther!" Like that. He got a bit red-faced and embarrassed but had a great time with it. It ended with, "Shit, someone kept my cuffs, you're free to go," like that. Good time. I think the guy's wife was video-recording it. That'd be fun to see. We just watched as spectators from "Inside Bash) through the glass. Well, Cortus' wife did so and gave me the play-by-play.

Good dancing each night, same music... to be expected. The Sports Bar was apparently closed, nobody in there staffing it. That was a shame, as when the music shifts over to the Tejano-style around 12:30 a.m. or 1:30 a.m. I usually take my leave.

Sky Bar during the day each day was The Place to get lunch. The food is So good up there. IMO it's worth a day pass to go if you've never done it. We started going up each day around 2:00 when the goofy (to veterans) pool games start up. They're just not as... I'll say it, raunchy, as they used to be. I'd rather eat great food, drink a cold beer and talk to cool new people.

Security presence was pretty low this trip. Obviously less staff on duty, so more fun & games were to be had. Not a bad thing, IMO...

and then... it rolls around to Monday morning and it's time to go home... Shoot!

Ah... but as stated above, we'll be back! DRM in November, as a matter of fact!

Room: D
    Fun: A
    Nightlife: B
    Service: A+
    Check-in: F
    Front Desk: C
    Housekeeping: A
    Security: B
    Lack of idiots... priceless...Trip Report - Labor Day Weekend (My usual length)

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • List
  2. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    John, great trip report, and thanks for the pictures. I love bonus material.

I get your point on the check in thing. I mean how could they not know you have been there before? I always like when you get there, and the guys opening the door, says "welcome back", and when you leave, they say "see you next week." You would think that Premier check in would have some ability to spot returners, and have some verbiage to make them feel extra welcome. Oh, well, first world problems....

There hasn't been much for detailed trip reports lately, and it was interesting to hear about the Sports bar being closed at times. I agree it's a nice place to head to before or after Bash if you're not quite feeling the vibe of the night.

Definitely agree on the Sky Bar for lunch. I'm not much of a fan of the lunch time pool games, and we found Sky Bar to be a great place, and great time for lunch on our last trip. Since I think we will only get a Tower room from now on, it will always be an option. We always laugh about how people bragged about the food up there, and especially the cheese sticks. I mean, I've had cheese sticks a million times in my life. How good could they really be? Those however, are without doubt the best we have ever had. How fast was the service up there? We've had as fast as :15 minutes to over an hour, when the waitress scheduled to work up there during lunch, was actually on her lunch break. How does that happen?

How long till you're a member of the 30 visit club?

3. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    As always, a great report, thank you.

4. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14

Bonus material is helpful to convey a message, I've found (... but you've got to "Take" pictures to "have" pictures.... see how that works, y'all?).

It'll be a minute until we hit 30 TTR trips. We've got DRM already booked, reserved and paid for for Nov. 20 ~ 24 of this year (A mental health vacay for my lady and her friends since COVID stomped on all kinds of get-aways this year so far), and Feb. 26 ~ Mar. 4 of next (I think our 8th straight end-February getaway, 1st 6 were TTR, last year's was DRM, like this one). This year's June DRM week got cancelled by Southwest when they refused to fly to Mexico, Oops, so we punted this year's trip to 2021, almost exactly the same dates. We "might" do a day trip over to TTR that 2021 trip, depending on who is over there, who's at DRM, and the general vibe at DRM. If it's awesome, we may not be back to TTR until 2022.

I really do NOT understand why Premier can't get their check-in act together. They're so caught up in getting people intot he timeshare/membership offering room they lose sight of the fact that "they already took our money." We want to be treated like that. Good thing is, Everyone BUT the check-in crew Does recognize us, Does make it special, Does ask about things we've talked about in the past. How is it that I can stroll up to the VIP bar with Stacia in tow... well, actually, towing Me, and have Jerry, Adon, Emilio or Antonio just to name a few (they can all do it) and have them call out as we're walking up for the first time in literally months and have our drinks being pushed towards us Before we even ask for them? Iceberg for me, Vodka with mix of soda and 7-Up for her... That level of service is impressive, even if you are going to your local bar "where everybody knows your name." (sign it with me, old-timer Cheers fans)

Those Cheese Sticks! Talk about Boo-yah! Spicy honey & pepper dipping sauce! They're amazing, totally agree with you and all the other people. One negative change however, and I don't know if this is a permanent thing or what. You know how they used to basically just cut a big chunk off the mozzeralla (wait... how do you spell that? Glad I've got google...), I mean, Mozzarella "block," I don't know what it's called, then they'd sorta roll that in their version of the panco batter stuff they use then deep-fry it? Well... now it seems they're using smaller, pre-formed cuts of the cheese, so the end result is the same... but quite a bit smaller. I mean, you "could" order 2 at a time instead of one order (and I did when I figured it out) but it does represent a change.

Service up there at Sky Bar was pretty good, by your aforementioned Sky Bar standards. About 10 minutes to get drinks... but the food came out pretty quickly compared to other times. I think the chef up there is probably bored to tears.

And... I'd also noted that people need to upgrade their Trip Report Game. We used to have standards here and all. Some good rookie talent in this year's draft though, I'm noticing.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    Looking forward to the room report. I've never been interested in those rooms. If you get the ones on the far side of the quiet pool, it would barely feel like you are at the resort. Also odd that you would pay more for them than a Bash room, and not get Sky Bar access unless you are a member.

6. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I want to make sure I get the right room pics downloaded and labelled, so I can point out the deficiencies in the room's design from my point of view.

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT!

Those rooms are NOT worth the money they want for them in a non-COVID pandemic rate.

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the great trip report John, nice to see you and Stacia again.

The Premier check in always irks me too. There are a few people that have been there years like Norma, but lots of newbies. If one of the longer serving members of staff are on duty it's usually fine. If not, anything can happen.

We've been 9 times since the reopening on June 10th, almost every time I have been asked for my passport (I don't carry my passport when I drive there from 5 miles away). Several times I have been asked if it's my first time and been offered a map of the resort to find my way around. Jeez we've been 40 or 50 times since the renovation.

It would be nice if they had regulars details saved so you don't have to fill that form out each time and present the same id you did a few weeks or months ago. One might expect the absence of that might be due to collection of personal data laws, identity theft etc, but I would expect it's more due to inefficiency.

I, too, often get asked about going to Premier to "talk about my membership".

I am the politest person in the World until I get annoyed. It takes a while but then I get a little belligerent if I am asked for the third time after saying no twice. I just want to get out of there and go to the bar :)

On one of our recent trips they asked "when was the last time you talked to Premier about your membership". I said, about a week ago with Aisha on the phone. They said, oh but Aisha is the boss, I mean with one of the sales team. I replied, yeah I know Aisha is the boss and that's why I talk to her about my membership.

Conversation over.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  8. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    John,

A real pleasure finally meeting you,Cortus, and if course the ladies...the best part if you two;)

To add to your grading system:
    Stacia: A++++++++++++
    (an absolute true delight of a woman)

Your not bad yourself!

I think you now know how to tell it is Rayanne when she silently sneaks up behind you.
    Told you she was unforgettable :)

Thanks for taking the time to pen this report.
    Lots of good info.
    I gave up on mine as I posted a bunch while there in the Sept thread.

Paul
    for my better half, Rayanne

9. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    For everyone who has not yet been to Temptation, I just want to point out that you Will meet some very cool person, sometimes even people (plural of people, don't ye know) at Temptation. Those people will almost immediately feel like besties, and you'll stay friends probably for the rest of your lives...

Our first time to Temptation, then Blue Bay Getaway (it switched to Temptation right in the middle of our trip, I think it was a Thursday morning) in 2007 we met a couple from England (village of Swannyk), named Graham & Diane. If you've been reading on here, you know that I owe them the HUGE favor of being able to talk to Stacia bout it being OK to take her top off (Graham, "Look, duck... if you just take off the top, they'll stop staring at you." Which Did indeed work. Wise man, Graham.). We've been to England three times on trips to visit them, and on a Northern Med cruise with them as well. They've been to Texas (they stay a month at a time, y'all... people from Europe know how to Vacay!) on two different occasions. Still talk regularly, Facebook messenger video is great for that, Skype, etc.

It's really as cool as all get out.

I knew Paul & I'd get along because of the dumb commentary and conversations on here, and it was very fun to have and see Stacia and Rayanne get along so well.

Steve, Stacia and Aisha are FB friends and go back & forth pretty often about dancing, workout videos, mommy-ing and the like. I'm definitely using that technique going forwards, name-dropping like that. I am not so proud to NOT do so if it gets me out to the bar minutes earlier. That's the goal, right?

I forgot to mention we met a cool single guy (stop thinking down that line, we've told y'all we don't go there though some do) named Shane who works with an international non-profit about sex trafficing, very cool guy, great stories (some a bit dark, it's true). As always, saw people we'd seen at TTR before but never talk to... and made a point to go and talk to them this time. That happens, too.

Missed lots of folks, but there's always going to be the next time to TTR...

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    We are in the same camp as John and Steve. Over 40 trips for us and still someone in the Premier check in asks if it is our first time. We had a later flight that got us into the resort around 4:30 and still took us 30 minutes to get through the check in and get to our room. NO, I don't want to do another review of our Premier contract.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice