Trip Report from a different perspective

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by twinimini, Apr 23, 2012.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    We just got back from a little five day trip to TTR. We were there from 4-17 to 4-22. If you are wondering why this report is here rather than in reviews, I can't seem to start a thread in the reviews section so here I am. The reason our perspective is different is that we haven't been back to TTR for six years. It was so long ago that the resort was still called Blue Bay Getaway when we were there.

Airlines and Airports: I guess I must look suspicious as I got nailed for additional searches in Buffalo on the way down, red lighted in Cancun and luggage searched coming into Cancun, and then pulled for additional searches when leaving Cancun. Other than the additional searches, US Air was fine going and coming.

The Resort: Six years is a long time and they certainly have updated the resort. Some of the updates look pretty good, but some of the room updates look like they were just a new coat of paint on old rooms. Overall the resort has a more modern feel than it did, six years ago.

Our Room: After having read about the resort overbooking we were concerned that we would get bumped to the kiddie water park. Our experience was just the opposite as we were bumped to a junior suite, room 1139, with an indoor jacuzzi and overall a very nice room. The room was also at the very end of the resort so it was quiet at night. The only downside to the room was that the internet was so far away that we had to use the lobby for internet. No big deal, just a very minor inconvience.

Food: For us the food was good, not great, but good. We ate in the Italian one night, Asian another, and Seafood on another night. We liked all three with the Seafood taking top billing for us. I don't think anyone is going to TTR expecting gourmet dining. The last time we were there the Italian was the best. The only real downside for us is their silly reservation process. It is annoying to be told they are full when less than half the tables are occupied.

Fun: For us the one thing that always makes a trip to TTR the most fun is the people you meet. We went with the specifics of meeting up with some folks that I had conversed with here on CC for years. People like Ed and Susan, DJ and Evelyn, Dave and Sue, Monique and Glenn, Brewster and Partygirl, and yes, even Woodie! That's the one factor that makes TTR a fun trip. The resort is a three and a half star, but the people are five star!

Staff and Service: Everyone at TTR hustles and makes the experience better. If there is one thing that always amazes me at TTR, it is the service. I hope the management realizes that they have a top notch staff at the resort.

Downsides: There were just a few downsides to the trip. One is that there were a few young single guys who got pretty obnoxious and decided to hit on some of the wives. I certainly understand the Desire to have singles at the resort, but some of the early 20's guys should have been cut off of the hard stuff long before they got to be the loud drunken jerks they became. My only other downside is the pounding Techno music in the afternoon at the sexy pool. It can be a bit much by about the ten minute mark. When most of the resort is 30 something and up, the Techno gets pretty damned old.

Overall, it was a great trip. We didn't do the boob cruise as we just weren't in the mood for it. Steve, I did see you walk by going onto the boat but you were too far away for me to catch you. Maybe next time.

The place is still a lot of fun and a great spot to meet up with old friends and to make new friends.

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Well nice to see you dragged you ass back there. :) Too bad you picked the wrong month! :(

Other than that... great report.

Jamie

3. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Yep, Jamie, I finally got back. Too busy to stop and check the thongs I guess. When are you headed back down?

4. halifaxdan

halifaxdan I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 2
    Missed you by a day! Great tr

5. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    May 11-26. :)

Jamie

6. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Jamie and Dan,

Sorry I missed both of you two. Maybe one of these times. I'll try to make it back there again in less than six years!

7. KenNJoyce

KenNJoyce I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Nope, he did pick the right month... lol! Great finally meeting another repeater and as many "older" repeaters we have been going since the BBG days. Agree that most of the changes are for the better, especially Paty O's s staying open later than midnight or 1am as it used to do years ago. Downsides: games are much tamer... and like you said, the damn techno music all afternoon... but then again, like you said, we go back for the "5 star" people and all the friends we've made over the years.

8. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Ken and Joyce, I'm sorry I forgot to mention you two also. I hope Joyce's foot is healing. There were more than just a few of us that had been around this forum for years there this April. Kind of ironic that I still haven't met my fellow Fotki picture site administrators, J4, Diamondback, and Jamie. At least I had a chance to meet up with Western Canada's token liberal, Brewster!

9. Sultryfox

Sultryfox Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Wow, reading your trip report was almost like what I wrote about our perspective on the food and the music!! Someone will correct you soon on the music being "house" and not really techno - but everyone knows what you mean about the 10 dance/party songs they play over and over. You would think they would get a clue when the "old folks" start singing along to the 80s music that they should just stick with that playlist!

We like TTR for the people and the atmosphere, and can live with the stuff that isn't done as well there (e.g. food, luxury amenities, room service) to get what we do like in a vacation. We have made so many close friends this past year at TTR from meeting people in person after meeting them on this forum, that is worth so much more in the long run :)

Glad you had a fun time, sorry our trip didn't overlap with you guys - sounds like we would have gotten along :)

10. MikePC

MikePC Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    We're in our lower thirties, and while we appreciate the dance music in short bursts, we too would greatly prefer it if they would keep the playlist by the pool to classic rock and recent stuff you'd hear on the typical top-40 pop/hip-hop stations - stuff we can all sing along to!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice