** TRIP REPORT for the Golden Parnassus , great resort !!!

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by couplecancun, Apr 4, 2015.

1. couplecancun

couplecancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    So after much research we picked GP and glad we did. So lets get started with the review!

Pulled into the main entrance and thought "Hmmm, needs some updates". Then we walked into main lobby and was very impressed with the appearance. Staff was great and got us checked in quick (no word of being bumped)

ROOM- we received a room with two doubles and went back to the desk and they gladly gave us a King with no issues. The room are clean, basic , big bathroom. I did notice a musty smell but got over that quickly. The Lagoon view us is nice from third floor and up. House keeping was great and kept your room spotless (tip a couple bucks)

Beach - powdery white sand, great views, enjoy a great walk. Also GP has numerous " Palm covered chairs" on the beach, close to the Dolphin and Tiki bar.

Pool - nice pool, gets busy after 11AM. Feel free to ask for an umbrella, I noticed people asking and minutes later had an umbrella. All the negative reviews about umbrellas and all we did was ask for one. The pool games were fun and on Saturday seemed a little more "risky". Enjoy the booty shake, tequila volleyball etc.

Tiki bar - Always rocking and the later in day, the better it was. Plenty of girl/girl dancing, body shots, flirting etc. I did not see anything too crazy but we have not talked about hot tub yet !

Hot tub - only bad thing is it does not seem to be heated. But this is were things got hot. Even during day people seemed to be getting a little wild in there. At night it was crazy, people really let there guard down and had fun. Topless women was mild as night went on. Use your imagination or send me a private message !!!

Food = Highlight of the resport. I have never enjoyed an AI resorts food as much as here. Old Barn had amazing Filet, Sumo had great susi and Salmon stir fry, Pier 12 had amazing view and good seafood. The breakfast buffet was decent, nothing great. Lunch buffet had nice selection and good food. They always had a couple fresh food stations to get fresh tacos or Asian food. I was very happy with the food and did not expect this!! The snack shack had great Nacho station and fresh chicken, dogs and burgers.

Drinks - Bring a Bubba Keg! Mid level alcohol was Absolute, El Jimador , Beefeaters, Barcardi. Beer is XX on tap. They kept you drinking and remember to ask for your favorite brand.

Location - Close to everything, bus stop just outside resort, always felt safe.

Trips - We went to Isla Mujeres . Took the ferry for $19 round trip, rented a golf cart $40 for the day. Fun day checking out the Island. Plenty of shopping, best beach was Playa de Norte. Try some local food , not the "American" places near the beach.

Overall, the resort was clean and always something fun happening! The tiki bar got a little crazy and hot tub was crazy. The food was amazing and the drinks decent. My room was fine for sleeping and had a nice view. For the price I paid , very happy with the choice and will go back! Feel free to reach out and ask me any questions you want. Some pictures to follow
    :daveandmo::beer4:

2. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Glad you enjoyed it. We have been many times. I think the food and service exceeds most all-inclusives. Yes the hot tub can be fun.

3. St Louis Blues

St Louis Blues Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 1
    Thanks for the review!!! We will be on the beach TOMORROW!!!!!

4. couplecancun

couplecancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I should have also added to the Trip Report that the service was top notch. I took a "roll" of ones with me and tipped. Nothing crazy, every few drinks , I threw a few bucks down. After dinner , gave a few bucks.

Everyone was super nice and seemed to work hard and friendly to all guest.

I also suggest that you get involved with the entertainment staff. Play the games, mingle with people and the staff will make sure your staff is a blast..

5. 68Stang

68Stang Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great report! Thanks!! We will be there in 8 more weeks..come on end of school!

6. stanlsr30

stanlsr30 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1st Time here and there! We booked for May 10th for 4 nights(cant leave business to long). Like you I read everything I could find on resorts. Never been to Cancun and wanted adults only because I love my grandkids but don't like kids in hot tubs LOL.
    We are not really an outgoing couple (trying to be !) but hoping GP is going to be a step in the right direction for future Cancun trips. Thanks for posting your review, it was helpful.

7. ColoradoSun/Fun

ColoradoSun/Fun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Going tomorrow April 7th through 14th we can't wait, hopefully we have some fun Tiki/Hot Tub action!

8. mandyml10

mandyml10 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hope you do a trip report! Welcome back ! [emoji2]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice