Trip Report Feb 25 - March 4

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Melissa&Patrick, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Melissa&Patrick

Melissa&Patrick Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0
    Our Trip report from feb/25 till March 4: To start, the resort is a very beautiful place. Very clan rooms, the lobby / common areas are well maintained, and in our 8 times there we have yet to see a more beautiful stretch of beach than what we had at this resort. The concept manager, Valentina, is easily accessible and is interested in helping you with any problems you may have, answering your questions, or discussing any cocerns you may have. But as helpful as we felt that she was or she wanted to be, this alone, along with the previously mentioned statements, was nowhere near enough. To start, even though we will attest to the cleanliness of the rooms, it seemed like everybody we interacted with had some sort of problem with them otherwise. One couple we encountered had a refrigerator that did not work for the whole time they were there. One couple had a shower that did not work; it cut off, we were told by the couple, when the husband was covered up head to toe in soap. Another couple could not get any electricity to their room for the majority or all of a day. We ourselves had a large wet spot on our ceiling above the shower that was dripping often and very noisily. In all these instances, when any of these people called the front desk to get assistance they either got somebody who did not speak enough english to understand the request for assistance with the problem, or were told that somebody would come to help when they could, but the common denominator to all of these occurrances was that they never did anything to fix any of these issues and in most cases .... they never even came to even look into them. Talking about the employees, the majority of them did not seem happy at all. The wait staff and bartenders work at way too slow of a pace to keep up at any of the bar stations at the resort and I never once went to one of them, any time of day or night, where I did not have some kind of wait that even a nominally patient person would consider excessive. The food service as a whole was very poor. The buffet was very warm and the air conditioning in it, if there was any, didn't work anytime we were in there and once it was so warm we went elsewhere. And the food itself is not any good at all, and the same selections everytime we went. The only passable options to eat were the "street meat" you could get at Wimpy's by the pool through the day or the sushi options from the pool walk up bar, and even these anybody would get tired of very quickly. In regards to the new "adults only' concept they say is in effect, there were too many groups of kids there to say that they were adhering to the 23 and over rules. And all the juvenile behavior that came with them was at times laughable, but certainly not adult. The topless option was something most people chose not to participate in, and it being a choice makes that OK, but we got the idea most people were pretty much unaware people could even go topless here. An this of course led to the usual under the breath comments as those who were topless walked by the morally neo-conservative types who we always wonder why are they here anyway? Another concern, and please pay attention here, is guest safety. One evening one of our group fond a man face down on the ground outside of coyote bar and he was bleeding profusely from a gash all the way across his forehead. He was unresponsive. The person who found them got some "assistance" from the hotel staff; the help they wated to provide was to put the young man on a wheelchair, wheel him up to his room, and put him to bed. A man unresponsive with what conservatively would be labeled a severe head injury, and they just wanted to put him to bed. Upon our friend's stern insistence, they called an ambulance that actually arrived there more than 2 hours later. 2 hours later. If this was a stroke, heart attack, diabetic reaction .....etc, this more likely than not would have resulted in the person dying. Could have happenned here too, because the person who had the head injury we described came back to the resort ..... 2 days later. Something that requires a 2 day hospital stay in my experience is not something that can just be slept off. This was their solution to a couple of other instances too, just go hide the person up in their room. Didn't want to help? We know in Mexico that a person is responsible for themselves, unlike here in the US where alot of places something, anything is always someone else's fault, but in this instance, we believe this person would have died. Others who were there will attest to this event, and some may even add more detail to this that would even make the resort look worse. Sorry Steve but this is the truth; we had more to put here but in the end felt it best to only put down what we actually confirmed as truth. There are more stories from those around us there at the same time that we could not confirm, so in fairness we will not put those down. We absolutely will not return to this or any sister resort in the Oasis group there. But we do love the people we partied with all week, and they know who they are.

2. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0

Do you REALLY need to post
    it 22 times ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

3. vers111

vers111 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    True that. I was wondering the same. I think he did not get it the way he wanted in the resort and tht is why he is making up all tht (thts how it sounds to me).

4. Jess_2703

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    exactly! post
    it 5 times on ccc :)

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I split this report off to it's own new thread and deleted all the duplicates on other peoples reviews.

6. Jess_2703

Ratings:
    +621 / 0

Thanks Steve :)

7. esparamedic12

esparamedic12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks Steve!!!!!

8. somebeachsomewhere

somebeachsomewhere Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0
    We returned home Sunday night Mar 10th. We didn't experience any issues or concerns of any magnitude...... very surprised to read your comments. We had an absolute great time at GOV and we will definitely return. No resort will please everyone.........we hope you guys find the one that pleases you so you can enjoy your holiday.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice