Trip Report Cancun May 26 thru June 2nd

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by CancunTom, Jun 5, 2007.

1. CancunTom

CancunTom Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    This trip was a mix of business and pleasure. We came to close on the home we purchased on the last trip, but also tried to have some fun in the sun as well. My daughter and her fiancé' drove us to O’Hare in my SUV because it had the room for our suitcases. About an hour later while we were waiting to board our flight, my daughter called to tell us they were in an accident on the way back to our home. No one was hurt, so that was good. They were rear ended by a guy driving without a driver’s license and no insurance, in a borrowed car. Oh well!...............that's life! We arrived on time in Cancun about 12:30 pm on Saturday.
    We sailed through the airport in about 30 mins. most of it spent waiting for our luggage. We were able to get processed thru immigration and customs really fast, on a Saturday, no less. The new terminal has really reduced the congestion.
    Our realtor picked us up and whisked us to the Royal Islander where we were to stay.
    [​IMG]
    The first thing we noticed was that the beach had disappeared again! It only lasted one year after being restored. You couldn't even access the water because of all the rocks between the beach and the water. Also the riptides were very strong.
    [​IMG]
    It was raining when we left Chicago, and it was raining when we arrived in Cancun, and continued to rain, off and on, all the days we were in Cancun. We made the best of it getting plenty of pool, and swim up bar time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We were to originally close on our home purchase on Monday, but then it was changed to Tuesday, and then Wednesday, and then finally Thursday! Mexican bureaucracy! Since we were always waiting for the phone call we had to stay close to our villa. We had planned a day or two on Isla Mujeres and a day at Wet & Wild but between the bad weather and waiting for the closing we never made it to those two planned side trips. We spent some time at La Isla shopping and enjoying the scenery.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the food, like the Coconut Shrimp at the Hacienda Sisal,
    [​IMG]

The grilled salmon & Aztec filet at the Il Conquistador
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We finally closed on Thursday! Our new home............
    [​IMG]

We took our Royal Sands picture that we take on every trip for several years.
    [​IMG]

My parrot picture..............
    [​IMG]

We found this place in The Forum where they would snap your picture and you could come back 3 days later for a ceramic caricature of yourself in any type of setting you asked for...............
    [​IMG]

The beautiful water of Cancun............
    [​IMG]

We had a wonderful time and can hardly wait for the 8 months to pass till we retire and move into our Cancun home.

2. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    great trip report and pictures! congrats on the new home.

3. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG]

Your new house is gorgeous !! Congratulations to you both !

And now for some really important questions....

Where is the house located ?

When is the housewarming party ?

And are we all invited ? :D

4. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    GREAT stuff!!!! :cool:

5. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ditto what Tammy said :lol:

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the report and pics. Sorry we missed you this trip.

As for the house, congrats on closing the deal.

I am sure Tom wont mind me saying but he and Suz are to be our new neighbours. Their house is literally the other side of the street to our place. In fact Tom was probably standing next to our gate when he took the pic above!

Looking forward to the housewarming :wink:

7. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :clap: CONGRATS, TOM AND SUZ!!! :clap:

GREAT NEWS AND GREAT PICTURES!
    :clap: :clap:

8. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I thought the area looked familiar!! :lol: :lol:

Congratulations, Tom!!

9. Angie

Angie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats Tom...I'm with Tammy & Tonya ~ when's the party :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice