Trip Report April 2-4, 2018

Discussion in 'Breathless Riviera Maya Forum' started by funcpl27, Apr 5, 2018.

1. funcpl27

funcpl27 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    just got back from a brief trip to Breathless and thought i'd put up a brief trip report

Positives...the place really is beautiful and the rooms are awesome.
    The karaoke on Monday night was fun and the music and crowd was actually good when it transitioned to the disco after karaoke.
    The buffet is probably the best buffet i've experienced in the Caribbean and the other restaurants were good as well.
    As is almost always the case with Cancun/Riviera Maya resorts the employees you encounter throughout the day really are terrific.

Negatives...i'm sorry, but the place is as boring as hell and the pool party in excelerate was basically non existent. the hour after hour of never ending EDM/House mashups with ZERO breaks or even occasional transitions to other music is basically unbearable.
    The beach is pretty much unusable because of the Sargasum (not their fault but something you should be aware of if you want a beach vacation).
    Also, they need to work on the check in and check out experience. There is really no excuse to have people who paid $500+ per night standing for long periods to check in with no actual organized process that assures it smoothly goes from one person to the next. From the moment you arrive you never feel like management has placed any real plan in place to make you feel valued or pampered.
    The water in the shower literally has to run about 4-6 minutes before you will get any hot water.
    We found the water in the Excelerate pool far too cold to promote a party atmosphere. (it was warmer in the other pool)
    Toplessness was rare and the evening attire by women was pretty damn conservative.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  2. ObiRey

ObiRey Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    That's disappointing to hear... Was the resort full with a boring/quiet crowd or just empty?

3. funcpl27

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    not really sure how full the resort was....but i think the lack of party had a lot to do with the coldness of the excelarate pool and really the 6 hour assault of overbearing non stop EDM sameness played so loudly that you couldn't even have a conversation with other people...there seemed to be A LOT of people in the center pool and just avoiding excelarate.
    not sure if the conservative attire at night was the usual or if it was just a bad weak.....but if I had to guess I would say it's probably the norm.

4. bababua

bababua Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Yeah not sure. When we went I definetly saw “non conservative” dresses. My wife wore minimal dresses and that seemed to make sense with the heat. Then again we went in July so more was definetly less. Also the foam parties were definetly fun with a bit of an edge to them.

5. funcpl27

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    well..in fairness...when we say 'conservative' we are using Temptation and Desire as our template. BUT, in all honesty, we didn't see ANY attire that we would classify as even mildly risque. (it was a bummer because i came prepared ;))

6. BillS

BillS Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Funcpl, Thanks for this report! Can't there just be a Riviera Maya resort that is adults-only, palm tree laden, delightful background music (damn, we hate that EDM crap also), topless at any and all of their pools, that transitions to an edgier party scene at their clubs at night?????? We stayed at the old Blue Bay Getaway years ago (now TTR of course) and it was the closest to my wish. The new TTR with no visible palm trees poolside and a deep (boobs below waterline, what is THAT???) freezing pool with an ultra-modern design is unappetizing.....We stayed at Sunset-at-the-Palms 2 years ago in Negril Jamaica and the scene at their small swimup pool bar was GREAT with Jimmy Buffet and steel drum background music was perfect for mingling and carrying on (smile). Just no topless (dammit). The security kept telling my wife to put her top back on...The crowd kept yelling, Leave her alone!!! She has tremendous boobs. Oh well...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. P & L

P & L Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    We agree. You described the party atmosphere perfectly, it was the same when we were there the first week of March. The most topless was 6 and less on other days. Went by the big excelerate hottub a couple of times after 1:00 am and it was empty.

For anyone looking for or wanting a Temptation/Desire/Hedo style resort you will not find it at Breathless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. LongHodlLTC

LongHodlLTC Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    You went to the resort on a Monday to Wednesday.

Those are almost always down days or turnover days for resorts.

My experience with Breathless is the complete opposite of yours.

Going for our 3rd time in 2 weeks with 7 buddies.

9. funcpl27

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    telling a woman with great boobs, in a pool, who wants to show them off to cover them is the closest thing to insanity i can think of.

10. LongHodlLTC

LongHodlLTC Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    They don’t tell women to cover up

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice