Trip Report 4/10 - 4/15

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by tflexxin, Apr 23, 2018.

1. tflexxin

tflexxin Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +998 / 0
    Finally getting to this, and not going to write an epic novel on the resort or the vacation

Arrived to find a well updated lobby and super fast check in for our Bash Tower room. We arrived at 3pm, room was ready, it's our 5th trip so the time share pitch was easily avoided. Quickly shown to our room, which was great size. (more on room later).
    Pool was hopping already and we met friends there and the wifey ended with the day 1 curse!

Little breakdown on resort.

Updates
    Great. Love the new pool. Yes it's big, but was great. Water, doubtful it was heated but we found it just fine. They bar is somewhat understaffed and it can be hard to get a drink quickly. (but we tipped well and didn't have too much of an issue). They frequently run out of the "better" stuff behind the bar.
    Coffee/pasty bar in lobby is amazing.
    Room.
    Updates are great. Yes, the closets/cabinets are a little odd and already breaking, but we didn't have an issue with them and i thought there was lots of storage. The AC is really weird. Our room never seemed cool. Then, late in our trip, we were told that there are motion detectors in the room that shut off the ac when they dont detect movement. Sure as shit, there are, and they do. We stuck some paper up next to them that blew in the breeze from the ac and voila, problem solved. But that doesnt seem to be smart in that climate, and several nights our room was really warm.
    Restaurants/food.
    Buffet was good, pretty much like before, and I like the two sided approach. We ate at the Japanese place, fantastic. Steak place, pretty good food, but 80+ degrees inside there, they said that the AC didnt work well at night. The Italian is also fantastic. We're not foodies, so that was the extent of our dining experience.
    Staff
    Awesome as usual. The pool games are pretty much the same, somewhat tamer. Honestly, I like JJ, but it feels like he's just going through the motions. They are certainly not the same as they used to be. Again, no issue, different, not better or worse in my opinion. Great service everywhere as usual.
    The resort "atmosphere".
    read the most about this pre-trip. My take, I like it. Is it what it was before? No. I felt the clientele somewhat upgraded from the past, the atmosphere was slightly more "classy?" Not to say it was less classy before but I don't know another way to describe it. I didnt see security bother anyone, and everything seemed quite tame while we were there. And honestly, go have fun in the privacy of your room anyway. The pool was great, music was fine (same as always, can't please everyone). Shows were great.
    Boobs Cruise. WE fucking missed it. Booked it, and then slept past the start. DUH. Anyhow, it was a smaller cruise but people reported a good time.....

We had a great time at TTR this year. Made new friends, and enjoyed time with old ones.
    There was a large group there during our stay, and we found that the atmosphere was somewhat different with that, as the group all hung out together and had ready made relationships, whereas normally everyone is in couples or fours and groups are formed daily at the pool or at night as people come and go from the resort. We met less people this year than before, but still a bunch of awesome people.

That is all. Fokker out...

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Ha thanks for solving the AC issue. Your explanation makes perfect sense as I would return to the room and it would be set at what I set it at showing that the maid didn’t change it but would be hot as hell. Then it would cool while we were up ‘doing things’ but then at night when we were not moving it got hot as hell. Another one of those examples where we found ourselves saying why do they make things so complicated this trip. Ugh

Thanks for the report. Agree w pool thoughts. Was fine for us but I can’t believe it is heated.

3. burghcpl4fun

burghcpl4fun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Nice report...also thanks for the tip on the ac, going have to address this early on.

4. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Great report and agree.
    I posted live when there answering folks questions both in public as well as thru PM.
    Attempted to not provide FakeNews!
    Hence I will not write a report as you and Kyle (and some others) have nailes it from our perspective.

AC hint a good one.
    Also, if the patio door is not latched properly or open the AC shuts off.

And I believe they also regulate the room AC at night similar to some electric companies with time of use and peak use meters.
    Makes no sense as they should do this during the day when everyone is out and about.

Even with ours set to 57F (the lowest it would go) it never got cold and seemed to flucuate...especially at night.

Near our room there was continuous work on the AC ducting.
    They are probably trying to figure out load and baffles now that things are heating up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice