trip rates for 2014 at GOV

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by sweetchildomine, Dec 1, 2013.

1. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Just looked into booking through Expedia, this is what I got. ARE YOU KIDDIN ME??? holy crap 7 nights in prime time February for $137nt/pp that was the old pricing for the other place... warm weather and cocktails are starting to look a whole lot easier to manage getting down there!

Your Trip Search

Minneapolis, MN, United States (MSP-All Airports) Edit

Going to: Departing:
    Returning:

• 1 room , 2 Adults Edit

FILTER RESULTS

Your selections
    from $965

Flight Times Clear Outbound to Cancun (and vicinity)

Depart Arrive
    Depart 1:15 AM - 1:15 PM

Stops Clear Nonstop + $255 1 Stop + $0 2+ Stops + $13 Airlines Clear Spirit Airlines + $0 United + $13 American Airlines + $51 Delta + $112 US Airways + $115 AirTran Airways + $124 Sun Country Airlines + $292 Air Canada + $415 Aeromexico + $622

The lowest prices.
    We guarantee it.

Hotel

Flights

Change your departing flight
    Currently selected hotel and flights for Tue Feb 11 – Tue Feb 18, 7 nights, 2 tickets

• Our Best Pick:
    • Cheap Flight

• flight + hotel
    • $965
    • per person
    • includes taxes and fees
    • book now
    [​IMG] MSP 1:15 AM CUN 11:31 AM 1 stop 10h 16m
    [​IMG] CUN 4:17 PM MSP 12:18 AM +1 day 1 stop 8h 1m
    Grand Oasis Viva - Adults Only - All Inclusive
    3-5 Stars
    Standard Room, Oceanfront - All inclusive- Adults only

2. SNHcouple

SNHcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Yup, we just booked thru Expedia (against better judgement) for 6 nights, group van ride to / from, 1 stop out of Boston for $1,824 - same price we paid last year for 5 nights at TTR.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  3. Ready2party

Ready2party Original H&H Gangsta's Registered Member

Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    As Ive mentioned before we paid $2K for 7 nights out of Springfield MO in Feb.on Orbitz.This was $1K less than TTR for the same time. We cant wait!

4. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    Book any airline except Spirit...they are imfamous for always being delayed and charge extra for everything...If you are leaving out of Minneapolis look into Sun Country..best little airline around

5. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Gotta second Chris and April about Spirit. By the time you either pay for your bags or carry-ons (and their rate is one way--if you want to bring your bags home, you have to double the price!) you'll likely be better off buying a "higher" priced ticket from a different airline. We really regretted flying them in June.

6. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

7. CaptMorgan

CaptMorgan Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    There has been a lot of talk on here (actually, on the TTR forum) about prices lately. People have been quoting ridiculous TTR prices without any substantiation. My latest search (performed just now, on Alpharooms) shows a mere $19 price difference over the course of 8 nights for Week 8, which is a meaningless dollar amount in the big picture.

There is all this talk of TTR being $400/nt (or almost $200pp/nt) which I just cannot replicate on any search, anywhere. GOV seems to be very price competitive. Now, if it's better, and IF the party atmosphere moves over, we are absolutely IN for 2015. Time will tell if this is the case.

If it doesn't, we will stay with TTR. We go to TTR for the people, and the atmosphere. The hotel, food, and staff are FAR secondary. I can get good food locally, I don't need to go to Mexico for it. I can find a great hotel room locally, as well. We go to TTR for the experience. If GOV is better, in all those other areas, with the same TTR experience, well then our choice is easy.

But if it's only a matter of saving a few bucks, I will go where the the party, and party-people, are. The resorts seemed comparatively priced. Time will tell which is more fun. That's where we'll go, unless there's a HUGE price difference.

8. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    If you guys are interested in going and checking out this new sleepy resort that everyone is talking about we are thinking of paying them a visit probably thurs Feb 20 later in the afternnoon..

9. BeatleBarley

BeatleBarley Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm noticing GOV being significantly less expensive than TTR in early 2014 as well. 4 figures less expensive. I'm liking.

It may be a combination of GOV being new and TTR shutting down rooms for renos. I don't know.

10. TylerandKelly

TylerandKelly Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    We would be game for a trip over to check it out. maybe we could get a bus load and head over for the afternoon take the party there to show them just what they could be in for.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice