Travel Question: MexicoCity Airport?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by jjrichardson, Mar 8, 2010.

1. jjrichardson

jjrichardson Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We booked our flight to Cancun thru Orbitz and we have a 4 hour layover in Mexico City. Has anyone had any experience at the Mexico City airport? I'm worried things will be difficult as none of us speak spanish well and it's not as big of tourist location as Cancun. Do they have enough signage in English that we'll be able to find our way around? We're definately not planning on leaving airport.

2. Marlon

Marlon Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MX city

I think u will be ok cuz that is an International airport...so all information will be in English-Spanish...and I guess French... btw I have the same layover as well this Saturday March 13

3. ChadD

ChadD Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

There you go, you guys can meet at a bar and figure it out together.

4. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was in Mexico City in July, but it wasn't a layover, I was visiting. It was an International flight, and from what I recall, NOTHING was in English. It took my Mexican boyfriend and his Sister 3 hrs to find me..a complete nightmare. But you will just be going from one spot to the other so you should be fine.

5. Marlon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  6. jjrichardson

jjrichardson Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm actually not going until March 19th, so if you can somehow reply to this and give your experience before then that would be awesome. I don't know about your situation but I'm flying AeroMexico into Mexico City and Leaving on Mexicana to Cancun, which if I read right, means I have to travel from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1, which I've heard is a big hassle because they aren't connected and you either have to take a taxi or some sky tram.

7. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we travelled in the Mexico City in 2008, and had a similar time to wait, about 4 hours .... to put it bluntly, unless things have changed.... you need to know spanish, or be with someone who does, there were no english signs and none of the staff seemed able to assist, plus its a huge place.

We were lucky, we managed to find someone on our flight who was mexican and spoke fluent english so they helped us, otherwise we'd have been royally fooked ... my advice is keep an ear open for people on your flight who might be able to help, doubtless there will either be people on there who can, or atleast others going in the same direction. Maybe ask one of the air hostesses if they can put a shout out before you land.

Good Luck

8. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL...I found a guy that was sweeping the floors that spoke some English. He saw how stressed I was just standing in one spot for so long, that he stood with me to talk to the bf when he called. But the airport is just so big, it still took him 2 hrs to find which Starbucks I was outside of.

Gooooood luck!!!!

9. Marlon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey I just got home and I could not write when I was in Cancun cuz I was drunk all the time.... anyway.. The airport HAS the info in English and Spanish. U don't have to take the sky train... just walk for 7 mins to terminal 2. If u have questions look for the info kiosks the guys there speak English or ask at the counter of any airline on the left side... The airport is safe.

10. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    there you have it, times have changed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice