Transportation From Cancun Airport

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by mrswilly, Feb 20, 2007.

1. mrswilly

mrswilly Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Me and my hubby will be arriving in Cancun on 3/3 for vacation. What is the most economical transportaion to get to our resort? Our resort offers a shuttle bus, can't remember the price, I think it was like $40 and we had to wait for several others to be dropped off last time we were there. How much are the taxi's. We're staying at the Royal Sands so I think it's about 10-15 minutes from the airport.

2. kevinoc81

kevinoc81 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If I remember right, (it was 3 years ago), we negotiated a price w/ a cabby right there. It wasn't like here where you pay by the minute or mile or anything.

The cheapest route is probably to take a bus or van that stops at multiple hotels. It may take longer, but it's cheaper.

I would find out what you can get a bus ride for and then haggle with a couple cabbies. If you can get a cab for $5-$10 more, then do it so it will go straight to your hotel. If not, just jump on a bus, enjoy the view, and meet some new people.

Don't spend too much time haggling though. You want to get there as soon as possible.

3. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thomas Moore

We've rented a car for years each trip . . .until last year. We decided to forego renting and use the buses and taxis (only while downtown do we use the taxis). Anyway, we own at the Sands and always stay at one of the Royals. We've used the Thomas Moore transfers as they go exclusively to the Royals. You can go online at royalresorts.com, getting to RR, airport transfers and wind up at the page to make your reservations. http://www.royalresorts.com/transfers.stm

the charges are way inline with others and it will be billed to your resort charges for the week when you check out on Saturday.

4. mrswilly

mrswilly Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks! We've used Thomas Moore before so maybe we'll stick with that. I don't remember them going straight to the Sands though, I believe they stop at all their resorts or depends on who's in the van and where they're going.

Thanks again. 10 more days b4 fun and sun and I can't wait!!!

5. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :D Brants all the way. Great service

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is an ADO bus that will take you to the downtown Cancun bus station for pretty cheap, under $5 usd per person. But then you are stuck downtown and have to take a different and even cheaper bus to your hotel. So it will take a full hour to get to your hotel, where if you went directly it might be only 20 or 25 mins.

The bus leaves from the far east end of Terminal 2, at the other end from where international arrivals exit the building. It leaves every half hour. You can just walk up to it and buy a ticket and sit inside until it leaves. It's like a big modern greyhound-type bus.

The bus is the cheapest way to go. But most people are so tired after a long day of travel that they don't want to do the bus.

7. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Or Brant :) He's a great guy. You can't go wrong with Brant Boston at all.

8. ChitownKaye

ChitownKaye Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are vans waiting outside of the airport to drive tourists to the hotel zone. $8 pp - I believe. They will fill the van and you may or may not have to stop to drop others off a various hotels because they will fill the van which takes very little time. I don't mind stopping at the other hotels because it gives me an up close look at other places that I have not stayed at before.

Kaye :sunny:

9. vrodgers

vrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A taxi from airport to hotel is quite expensive. The shuttle van, through Greyline I believe, was 90 pesos each. Watch for the guys outside to assist you. Usually have to wait a few minutes until van is full before they leave, but gives you time to grab a cold cervaza and meet other people just starting their vacation.

We take a taxi from hotel back to airport when we leave, and it usually $15 or $20 US, depending on time of day. This year it was $20 US.

The ADO bus to downtown is only 35 pesos each, but like Rivergirl said, you are then stuck downtown with luggage to find a taxi or city bus to hotel. If you travel light, a city bus would be ideal to get you there cheap.

10. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice