tr 2-8-2014

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by FunFoss, Feb 19, 2014.

1. FunFoss

FunFoss Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We were visiting Feb 1st to 8th. Josee and I arrived at about 130am when we were scheduled to land in Cancun at 7:34pm due to a snowstorm in Toronto( imagine that).

We had a small issue with the room like some have mentioned, but they fixed us up . The Viva is a beautiful resort .

We booked the Spice room and did get upgraded to the balcony due to the check-in issue. Very nice and clean and the fridge was well stocked. Phenomenal view. Got some nice pics.

Met some friends at gov from TTR. Great fun and they livened things up big time. We had alot of fun. Spend some time with Sarah a couple of days.

Loved the sushi bar between pool and ocean for lunch a few of the days there. Thought the food was good everywhere. I believe they had 7 restaurants open and a Japanese restaurant opening soon. I know it has been mentioned, but I did think it odd not having bacon at the morning buffet( I know it is very good for you) someone has said you only need to ask ( just assumed if it wasn’t there).

Took the bus to TTR for the Boobs Cruise. Great to party with Steve, Janet, Chinos, and Omar again!!! Met up with old friends at TTR as well. Brought a couple of great young ladies with us from gov. Pretty sure they had fun!! How can you not? We also cruised by gov on the Boobs Cruise and picked up a couple from the beach. What a laugh!

The coyote bar was fun. It was always packed when the entertainment was going and after that people were still partying it up pretty good , alot dancing on the poles...lol

The beach is outstanding ( i would say as nice as any beach I have seen). There are beds and loungers on the beach. Oasis should bring in more loungers for the pool and the beach. They were at 100% capacity when we were there though and I think they are still adjusting as it had only been a month since the new concept. I was told they had recieved more loungers while I was there, but had not yet been brought out.

Very large range in age groups. There were a few that you would not see at ttr. We Had a great time and will return.:lotsofmichaelfs:

KDF.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  2. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Thanks for the report. I'm glad to hear you had a great time and would go back!

3. Motorboatin SOB

Motorboatin SOB Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 0
    They bought out 4 new beds pool side on the 11th.

4. jellyman0

jellyman0 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice report, We are glad we met you guys. We had a blast and can't wait to go back.
    Don & Kathy

5. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thanks for the updates.

6. steveandjudy

steveandjudy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Glad to hear that it is fun and improving as time goes by. Can't wait for May a=to see it ourselves.

7. Nalisa

Nalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    They did bring out some lounger chairs into the pool where the old kiddie pool area was that stayed in the water. They were all being used and are a great addition to that area. One of my favorite parts about the pool was that little area with a wall to sit on and the stools in the water. (Similar to the ones near the swim up bar)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice