To Thrive Or Not

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by buckeyecpl, Oct 18, 2021.

1. buckeyecpl

buckeyecpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 1
    Hey All! We’re booked for March 27- April 2 and it seems there’s a Tower Takeover “Thrive” during this time (3/27-4/3). With our schedules this is the only week we can go and we’ve trying to make our first trip to Temptation since pre COVID. We’re going, damn it!
    I’m looking for experienced opinions on if we should shell out an additional $600 to be “in the group” for this Thrive event. I’m not thrilled about having to spend more (especially since we will miss the final night) but don’t want to feel like we’re on the outside of the fun.

From what I can tell, by joining we would have access to 3 rooftop parties and a catamaran cruise. Everything else they advertise for the event seems like it wouldn’t be exclusive. Am I missing anything? Just trying to assess added value.

Will the catamaran be anything like the Boobs Cruise (my guess is no)? If I pay to be in Thrive I’m thinking the Boobs Cruise would have to wait for a future trip. 2 cruises in 5 days is too much.

Those of you who have been and weren’t part of the takeover—did you enjoy yourself or wish you had joined?

2. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Pay. Too much to miss out on when the resort is catering to a take-over.

3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Agree. Pay if you want to be involved as you Will feel excluded, unless you're the type of couple that is OK with going off-resort for some club time during the exclusive events.

4. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    Can't say anything about that specific event, but as someone who attends another takeover (MochaFest), the nightly parties at Bash during our takeover were dead (like maybe 20-30 people).

5. Karen64

Karen64 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0
    Having the same inner debate. If we do “upgrade” to join the thrive bunch - how / where is this done?
    Honestly just as happy enjoying the quiet by the pool

6. buckeyecpl

Ratings:
    +38 / 1
    We decided to buy the tickets to the event so we wouldn’t have FOMO. I wish our first trip could have been without the takeover but now that we’ve pulled the trigger we are excited and embracing the idea.

If it helps your decision making, it seems like most of the takeover events will be rooftop, both day and night which will only be accessible to Thrive attendees (but the details aren’t completely clear).

for more information and to buy event tickets go here

7. Happy@67

Happy@67 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Do you get the catamaran cruise with the 600 or just the right to buy it for the 175 they have listed on the website ? We have been debating this also as we are there the same time march 30 thru the 6th

8. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    Before deciding whether to join them or not, I would first investigate them and see if they cater to a specific group, ie: swingers, gay, lesbian, men haters, cannibalism, etc. You could find yourself in an uncomfortable situation if it's a goup that you don't identify with. I googled them and came up with nothing.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Yeah, when I read “Thrive” I immediately thought of the website to order organic food and supplements. ‍♀️

10. buckeyecpl

Ratings:
    +38 / 1
    The 600 does NOT include the catamaran. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice