Tip the front desk?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Marty46r, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Marty46r

Marty46r Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone tipped the front desk at check in if they weren't happy with their accomodations in an effort to get a better room?

2. java

java Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you dont like your room,tell them,they will move you,might take a day or so though.If you want an oceanview and rooms are available,they will upgrade for a cost.Be certain when they show you your room that everything works,like toilet,shower,safe etc.If it doesnt,ask for a different room.

3. Roy and Marie

Roy and Marie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've heard that they aren't allowed to take tips and if they get caught may face getting fired . Don't know how true . They have always accomodated us when we had request . Some times you have to wait , depends on how busy they are.

4. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If they get caught taking any kind of "TIP" they will definitely be fired. They do not get a second chance. They are done. With that being said. They know that!!!!!! They know that if they accept a "TIP" that they are chancing their job. But knowing how they live and what they are paid, I understand that sometimes it seems like it may be worth taking the chance.

So I guess my response is, is it really worth chancing someones job and livelyhood just to get something alittle better that you haven't paid for.?

5. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you dont like the room you are brought to you can ask for a different room. We did this our first time and they did so without a tip. We did GIVE them one AFTER they switched it.
    I didnt realize at the time they could be fired. I sure hope he wasnt.

Our room wasnt an "upgrade" we just prefered a room that wasnt on the first floor and the first room had a pretty strong mildew smell. (I know this is common but the other rooms we had were WAY less & I got a sick stomach when walking in the room) It was just a better room for us.

6. Marty46r

Marty46r Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the replies

I wasn't looking to get an oupgrade or anyone in trouble. I was looking for a preference of floor and getting a bathroom door.

7. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The times I have been there it seems that they assign you a room when you get there so I think if you tell them your desires they will do their best to accomidate them they will without a tip. So I would just ask. If they have a room that fits your needs likely you will get it. The service has always been top notch from what I have seen. :D

8. miked

miked Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The front desk wouldn't take a tip from us. However, if you tip the bell boy not sure what they call him. And ask him he has always taken really good care of this for us.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice