Tip Or Not To Tip..

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Janna&Alex, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Janna & Valik

Janna & Valik Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 1
    To be or not to be, to tip or not? I understand that it is unacceptable not to tip, and each time I spend $1000 extra dollars on a tip at my favorite Temptation, and I thought it was normal. Yes, if it's really a well-deserved tip, and I want to thank that person.
    But, I think it is necessary to be open to both visitors and staff, otherwise everything will go to hell! Here is my story. Due to my disability, I can’t handle mixing my alcohol. I myself understand that this is a problem in Temptation because it’s hard to be attached to one specific drink, with such a huge selection of drinks! If I start to mix alcohol, then I can forget my tomorrow, because I will lie in bed all day with a headache and hangover, which is unnecessary and completely unacceptable. Considering I got along well with my bartenders, who have known me for a long time, and who I also tipped very well, I’m sure you would agree not much bad should be expected. I was very clear with my drink request but on day three of our two week stay I woke up with a splitting headache, so I began paying close attention to what exactly was being poured. It took almost a week to piece together what was happening when I ordered drinks. I’m very disappointed to inform you that they were not pouring what I ordered. The bartenders would often turn their bodies to block what they were pouring. As you can well imagine this really impacted my Desire to tip them negatively. Being that as it may, I still took the bartender aside and paid an extra $50 to ensure he would pour the drink I had requested from then on. He apologized and acknowledged that what I had seen him do was accurate. He told me he would inform me if the drink I ordered was not available and would do whatever he could to get the drink for me.
    I’m grateful he adjusted his service but still think it is a disservice to your customers to serve something other than what they order. Sober or drunk should not dictate what drinks are served.
    I think I’ve proven that I tip above and beyond expectation, but please consider my feedback moving forward.

2. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,674 / 4
    @Janna&Alex ... for clarity, what exactly is the purpose and objective of your post?
    Seems to be negative feedback on overworked frustrated understaffed resort bartenders and also boasting about how big of a tipper and well known you are?
    Also unclear to us what you're expecting TTR visitors to do differently based on your experience, comments/unclear request.
    Perhaps it's generally about tempering expectations when travelling to all inclusive resorts in Cancun.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  3. jumpman

jumpman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    I have no idea what OP is talking about, however I don’t think I’ve ever been served something other than what I ordered.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Simple answer: Tip

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice