Timeshare Presentation

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Mando1205, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Mando1205

Mando1205 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys,

I heard that if you go to the timeshare presentation but did not buy them, they would still offer you the discounts for activities or fun places? Is that true?? Thank you for the feedback!

2. Txtigrs

Txtigrs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, they do. We did not by but still got the resort discounts while we were there

3. LICKUSILLY2

LICKUSILLY2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 1
    Depending on what the discounts will be, I may look into the time share...

4. IDareU

IDareU Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    3+ hrs lost time, frustration with the "hard sell", waking up early - all while on vacation to save a hundred bucks......

If I want to buy the timeshare I'd buy it on the secondary market not at their inflated prices either.

5. Mando1205

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

How long is the presentation?

6. Mando1205

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    3+ hours?? Geez, thats long time! Was it all worth it? At least you saved a hundred bucks? Should we go for it just to get the discounts?

7. Txtigrs

Txtigrs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Took about 1.5 hrs. The drinks are very good. If you don't want to buy just say so, they don't take it personal. Ask for the Russian girl. She's very nice.

8. MLB71782

MLB71782 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We got hit up for this in the Bahamas four years ago and for me, it was a total waste of time. I just can't stand the "pushy hard-sell" stuff. It sucked! If it sounds too good to be true, chances are.....

9. Mando1205

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Oh, that is not bad! I guess it depends on who you talk to. We will ask for the Russian girl if she is still there. Thanks!

10. scottnpam

scottnpam Addict Registered Member

charlottetown, prince edward island, canada
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    we had the unfortuante experience of the time share sell in los cabos TTR two years ago. under the guise of a resort"tour" we went. met her in the buffet, got a 30 sec ( yes 30 sec) description of the resort, on a map on the table, then " while we're here, lets talk about membership and its advantages".

oh, did i mention they asked us to fill out a "proflie for there records"? one which asks your age, what you do, how much you make...

RED FLAG.

my wife who filled it out missed it, but as the girl was going over it, i glanced, and figured out what they were up to.

off we go on the "tour" . the whole time the soft sell about what a great deal itis. then when she wasnt getting anywhere, we were handed off to a guy , who, miraculously lived not far from us for a time. imagine that. the liqour appeared, and was pushed on us, as was the time share. after many attempts , and us telling him no thanks, the guys soft sell got pushier, and pushier. the pressure is intense. no isnt in there vocabulary, but a firm fuk right off seems to do the trick. keep it inmind, and, pay the difference yourself on the trips....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice