Timeshare Info

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by hotstf31, Feb 7, 2012.

1. hotstf31

hotstf31 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was curious about time share. Is it a good Idea for a few perks? It dont leave me warm an fuzzy. I have been offerd a free week but I just dont get all the fees? I think it is cheaper from boston to do a inclusive for like 850 pp with air for 8 nihhts. Under 2k I can have a great time..But I would like the other benifits...

2. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Timeshare = Waste of Time & Money

Personally I have heard more negative about it then good, & the people who do buy into it say it's the best decision they've ever made, which actually makes me wonder what the 2nd greatest thing they've ever done. (Insert Sarcasm Here)

It reminds me of insurance, sounds great in the beginning, however when it comes time to use it and collect the benefits from having it, life becomes very difficult and you're stuck to their date & times, plus additional charges like "All Inclusive" which they now call it a TAX.

If you do some how get suckered into listening to the BS they will throw at you, remember to only accept a glass of water or juice at most. 99% of the time when your going thru the time share speach, you will be filled with alcohol, very strongly mixed, so that by the time you get back to the table to negotiate a price listed anywhere from $3000.00 to $50,000.00 for a 5 year deal up to a 25 year deal, you know it still sounds and smells like BS. When your drunk, you make bad choices... you're only human, we've all done it at one point or other.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  3. MichiganCity2

MichiganCity2 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Any good financial expert would advise if you hear the word timeshare run away as fast as you can......and hide....:anon:

4. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
  5. snapperheads

snapperheads Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well the difference between insurance and timeshare is that I probably can't use timeshare while I'm alive because they keep changing the rules and I can't use insurance while I'm alive because...well, I'm alive. The kids win with insurance though... ;-)

6. drew_buckeye

drew_buckeye Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    The timeshare is such a hit or miss. From what I've read the people who originally bought into it had a great deal for a few years. Then RCI took over and these people got the shaft. We purchased a timeshare when RCI is there and it looks good now, but I have a feeling in a few years we will get the shaft too. I think we need to have the good deal for around 8-9 years to break even.

7. gncnew

gncnew Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We actually are using a friend's membership to come. Really the price isn't all that different when all things are considered - but I figure if I'm going to pay the same price anyway, may as well have the "perks" of using my friend's membership.

I know - I have to sit through the timeshare "breakfast" or whatever.. I think Christy will get "sick" that morning and I'll take one for the team.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice