Tigres off to good start

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by V, May 6, 2016.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The Tigres of Quintana Roo are off to a good 2016 season start with a 19-10 record, placing them in a first place tie in the Southern Zone of the Mexican Baseball League.

They are a Triple-A minor league team, and a part of the the MiLB system. The Official Site of Minor League Baseball | MiLB.com Homepage

Their home field is Beto Avila Stadium in Cancun, not far from Walmart Centro.

You can find their schedule and other details at their official website. www.tigresqr.mx

2. TMajic

TMajic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Wow, I have been to Cancun 10+ times and didn't know that they had minor league baseball. Thanks for sharing. I went to the site and saw the prices for seats. Very very reasonable.

3. JoeMar

JoeMar Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    We went to a game last year, and had a great time. It happened to be 1/2 price ticket night, so we paid 10 pesos (about 60 cents US)! We bought a Tigres shirt and fitted hat out front of the stadium for 100 pesos each.

4. JnLStuck

JnLStuck I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 0
    A tropical storm moved in and rained out the 2 nights that we had available to go to a game last year. Going to give it another attempt this June! Hoping to buy some jerseys at the stadium!
    Vamos Tigres!!

5. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    First place tie I mentioned earlier has slipped a little since then. The Tigres are tied for second place, six and a half games out.

The first place team is Puebla, a large colonial city that lies east of Mexico City. It is famous for its tile and pottery, and has a fine university.

When the Tigres have won the championship it has, more often than not, been coming from behind until near the end of the season. This year may be no exception!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice