Thunderstorms

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by PNWCouple, May 23, 2019.

1. PNWCouple

PNWCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +575 / 0
    So the weather app has thunderstorms predicted for about the next 10 days (we get there next Tuesday). Are they pretty isolated and short when they happen? And are they isolated enough that they don’t affect the Boobs Cruise trips?

I would imagine that it’s like Hawaii, where it’s stormy for 30 min and then an hour later, you can’t even tell that it happened.

Attached Files:

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Yes, they are usually like that at this time of year. The good thing about the Boobs Cruise is if the storms are isolated we can usually drive around them :)

It's very humid at the moment with a sprinkling of darker clouds around. I think we'll get some rain soon, but I think it will be like the above, rather than set in for the day

3. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    Welcome to Cancun! There will be a chance of thunderstorms every day for the next 90 days. They seldom have an impact.

4. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    If you are a weather watcher like me, than use Accuweather, they have a very long range forecast. You can kind of see some trends. They may call for rain everyday, but it's only for :30, and a tenth of an inch. Watch the days that are calling for 4-6 hours of rain and more than half an inch. The forecast will switch around a lot, but if you see a couple of days with high rain chances, then it's more than likely you will get some rain on those days, or at least one of them. If there are a bunch of days with :30 of rain a little accumulation, those days seem to end up pretty sunny and nice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    We just got back from 7 nights in May and did not get hit with a drop of rain. It did rain a couple of times when we were in the room, although probably less than 30 minutes total. We were also there for 8 nights in April, and had one 30-45 minute rain one day around noon.

6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Totally agree. This is so accurate. Exactly what I do. People like to say it never rains. Not true. Some see the forecast and think oh no it is going to rain every day. Also not true. Truth is it is something in between but we have found what restling does to be the best guesstimate.

7. Boy & Girl

Boy & Girl Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +201 / 2
    Word of advice for you. Check the Accuweather hourly and plan to be inside at lunch right before it starts. If you wait until it starts everyone runs to get food at the same time and it’s a bit of a cluster....much more fun to be seated with a drink watching everyone scramble.

8. cnparda

cnparda Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,247 / 1
    Or you can switch to the hot tub and party like we did over New Years.

9. RonandChris

RonandChris Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +481 / 0
    Had 2 straight days of rain in Jan. Plenty of umbrellas in the hot tub. I guess to keep rain out of drinks. Second day they shut down sky at due to the wind/rain. They moved Bash party to sports bar for one of the nights., which was a nice change. Arrive in few days so atleast temps are much warmer than 62 in the rain which wasnt so great.

10. PNWCouple

PNWCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +575 / 0
    It’s raining and 49 degrees right now, so 85 with some sparse showers doesn’t seem so bad lol. We fly in on Tuesday.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice