Thompson from uk

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by WendyandSteve, Sep 3, 2012.

1. WendyandSteve

WendyandSteve Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bad news ... Thompson arent going to do Temptation from next year ! They say its going to be only bookable book via the hotel its self !!
    :banghead:

2. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Yep - noticed this when I booked our holiday this year in April. They had dates up until October, then nothing! Still got Thomas Cook. There is always the option of separate flight + alpha rooms as well.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Both British Airways and Virgin fly direct from Gatwick. Bit of a trek for you Northerners but the flight is much more comfortable (although expensive). You could also fly via the US if you dont mind a longer journey but less expensive.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the groups of single British lads that spoil things from time to time?

4. mbboatdrinks

mbboatdrinks Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have booked through the hotel two times and it works great.

5. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Did from Gatwick last trip and it was a nightmare. Getting there ok - just did a stop over in a hotel night before, paid for 2 weeks airport parking. The journey back on the return was hell. I physically could not keep awake and had to leave all the driving to the husband. Flying from Manchester this time round. Costs a bit more, but can leave the car at home.

6. WendyandSteve

WendyandSteve Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Yeah i was thinking that.. We were there when it all kicked off with the lads on the Gatwick flight .. That wasnt good !
    Gatwick is a nightmare for us.. Hopefully Thomas cook will keep the Hotel on there books.. other wise it will probs be just once every 2 years we can visit :icon_cry:

7. ibizasue

ibizasue I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    alpharooms

I Have booked hotel with alpharooms and thomas cook flight many times always got a good deal for a single room.
    .I live in spain but get flights much cheaper from uk.

8. The Simpsons

The Simpsons Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 1
    Flights

We fly out on 19th from Gatwick . This time with Thompson . We flew with American airlines before into jfk then to Cancun which was long but ok and good flight .Funny you mention the single guys as when we booked it was mentioned that the singles were causing probs . I suppose they think its a swingers resort as it is mentioned in posts so they feel its a free for all and pests be honest its not that expensive for two weeks all inc from the UK . I just hope it doesn't have any knock on effects . Saying that we caught the last weeks of spring break one trip and I would say that was a complete nightmare ending in me having to have a word with a cpl of guys from New York who thought they could do anything they wanted to every woman they happened to see sat in their own . Personally I think it would be better all round if it was simply a cold only resort as it is obvious from posts and reading between the lines single guys are not really that welcome , only my opinion but in certain others feel the same . Lets face it we have all been single at some time and young and this and copious amounts drink and heat and scantily dressed women is bound to cause problems at some point . Only our opinion so please don't shoot us down

9. rosie.lee

rosie.lee Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hay im booked for march the 19th to the 30th 2013 with Thomas cook flighting from Manchester and iv got my e tickets sent to me

10. Meims

Meims Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try a company called Kenwood travel, we had a very good deal with them last year, BA flights. We are hoping to book next March/April.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice