Thomas Geantil Real Estate looking to buy premier memberships

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Randy&Jen, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Randy&Jen

Randy&Jen Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Has anyone else on here been approached by phone from this real estate company to buy there premier membership. Not sure how they got our number and knew everything about our membership. They made us an offer to buy it but not sure if it is real or not. Has anyone else out there been approached or sold to them.

2. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 1
    Be extremely cautious with that! Typically, they’re scams! They’ll usually want money up front.

3. tomdjoe

tomdjoe Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have heard from them too along with some other friends. Something does not seem right with it. For a real estate company their website does not have any listings.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yes, beware of these kind of companies. There are a few of them about.

Usual line is they want to buy your membership but need some cash in advance to sort out the transfer.

They've been at it for years, I've never heard of anyone falling for it yet. Makes you wonder why they bother.

5. Scott A.

Scott A. Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My daughter has been solicited by them for purchase of her timeshare membership in Puerto Vallarta. She received an unsolicited call first, then a letter, then more phone calls from 2 different individuals. I would be interested in knowing about how and who contacted you, as they have not been forthcoming with us.

6. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,849 / 5
    They keep at it through the law of large numbers, somebody always falls for it! I am still waiting for the Nigerian Prince to give me my half of his Lottery winnings from 2006!! That aside, there seems to be a prospering database market and employees leaving (or not) a timeshare type company “sell” the contact list for decent money. Happened to us with Vidanta (and we weren’t even owners). Made some calls and found out there are little safeguards with our data in Mexican companies. Never would have guessed that ;)

7. Jeff K

Jeff K Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have heard from them too. I decided to play along to see how far it would go. It is amazing how legit everything seemed. However, there were some red flags. We have a silver membership at Desire RM. Offered us $37,000 US. Said that nobody gets paid until we get paid. They even sent us a statement from citibanamex (a legit bank in Mexico - owned by Citibank) showing the money in escro in our names. The biggest red flag was that we had to obtain an RFC number from the Mexican Consulate. We had three options - go to the closest mexican consulate (Toronto for us - about 2 hours away), use their charter title insurance company, or go to Mexico. The cost for this is $4,000 US which is reimbursed by the buyer. This is where we stopped. A mexican RFC number is the equivalent of a Social Insurance Number in Canada or a Social Security Number in the U.S. It is needed for tax purposes. This part seems legit. However, the cost of $4,000 U.S. to obtain one did not seem legit.

I was taken back by their website as well - a terrible website for a real estate company. However, I am pretty impressed with how porfessional everything was handled. They do a VERY good job at making it all seem legit. But, I did not need an RFC number to buy the timeshare, why would I need one to sell it? Cost of $4,000 US to get one? (they say it is to hire a representative to apply on my behalf).

I also wondered how they got my name AND contact info... I may call Premier and find out if they give that info away. Maybe they were hacked... If I hear anything more, I will post about it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  8. Gary Slater

Gary Slater Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    w.aubrey@thomasgeantil.com
    Tue, Dec 18, 2018, 5:34 PM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to Kody, me, Daren
    [​IMG]

Hello Kodi,

I introduced your proposal to the buyer’s representative. The buyer announced that it will be necessary to Mr. and Mrs. Mason to pay for the escrow fee of $3,600 USD in full and you can instantly have the funds deposited into your escrow account. The normal process is a bargain because the buyer already paid for an escrow fee so the account is free for our clients. Whichever of these two options is more easy.

Best regards,

[​IMG]A REAL ESTATE COMPANY

William Aubrey ext. 619

500 9th. Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109

Phone Number: 206-531-7097 Fax: 206-309-3346

Email Address: contact@thomasgeantil.com

This message and the documents attached thereto, is intended only for the addressee, and may contain privileged, confidential information and/or be exempt for disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e- mail and delete the original message and its attachments. The sender does not accept liability for any errors, omissions, corruption or viruses in the contents of this message or any attachments that arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

This is what they want up front

9. HeatherAnnB

HeatherAnnB Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They've been trying to contact us as well. We got offered $26,871.00 USD. Did anyone ever follow up with Premier to see how they got our contact information?

10. Partyometer

Partyometer I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    Hey, by the way, I have a brother who is an African prince who has discovered gold. If you wire him $1,000 USD, he'll send you gold worth $10,000 USD.

Tee hee hee. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice