Thermal Paste/Compound in Cancun?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Chuulimta, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Chuulimta

Chuulimta Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey there folks,

I live on Isla Mujeres and recently my CPU has been overheating. I decided to take a look under the heatsink, and sure enough it seems that all of the thermal paste has, well, dried up. I'm in need of some more, preferably as soon as possible. Would anyone happen to know where specifically in Cancun I can pick some up? I'd much rather not have to wait a week or two for relatives to come down here to bring me some.

Thanks in advance!

2. lim_ah

lim_ah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If I'm not mistaken they have it at any Steren, or if not try RadioShack - both have stores in Plaza Las Americas. If you can't find any I have a small tube you can borrow (I'll need it back though!). PM me if you can't find any.

3. Robbie.F

Robbie.F Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The white paste they sell at Steren isnt good enough to transfere the amount of heat modern systems use, try asking at computer stores in the area if anyone of them offers the white paste mark them off your place to take your pc to repair list. Silver thermic compound is the only way to go if you dont want an over heating system.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice