Temptations Trip Report 22-29th Nov 2011

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Wotshernmeagain, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Wotshernmeagain

Wotshernmeagain Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Its taken me awhile I know!!!
    I stayed at Temptations with my friends Shelby from the 22nd until the 29th of November and after reading many on other sites reviews I considered changing my booking and going elsewhere. Fortunately I was pleasantly surprised!
    Arrived at the resort around 4pm tired and Kranky from the flight but excited because we were in Cancun Baby!
    Check in was quick and painful with no problems from pushy time share people.
    Upon arrival I requested ground floor room so that I wouldn’t have to go up and down the stairs in heels especially when I’m drunk. Unfortunately the only ground floor room available was quite far from all the activity and had a very small patio area, Me and my friend are smokers so this was a problem.
    We were then offered a room on the floor overlooking the Paty'O Lounge which was great as we only had two small flights of stairs to climb and we could see everything that was going on at the Paty'O Lounge (If you are a light sleeper do not go for a room overlooking the Paty'O Lounge !! me and my friend are very deep sleepers so this was not a problem for us).
    The rooms were average in size but stylishly decorated with Two queens sized beds, fridge, built in wardrobe and plenty of drawers space.
    The bathroom was a decent size also with a waterfall shower.
    The cleaners came every day and replenished the towels soaps and fridge and I loved the little shapes they made with the towels!
    I did go out of my way to tip and was rewarded with a few extra cans of coke and a cute doll shaped towel complete with sticker eyes and smile upon my arrival back to the room Aweeee!
    Not being one for sleeping in while I am on holiday every day I was up quite early to collect my towels and claim a sun lounger in a decent spot by the Sexy pool.
    Even though there are loads of sun loungers to go around I wanted to make sure that I was close to the bar and in a good spot to see the activities staff and lots of sun I wasn’t asking too was I? Well i managed to get my wish most day
    Pool side activities and games were fun and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I even entered and won the Dirty Minds comp!
    For some reason I was under the impression that you had to tip everyone and it would be a problem if you didn’t.
    I never felt obligated to tip the staff and it felt nice to do a nice to do it to reward good service because the staff really tried hard.
    I honestly found all the staff in the restaurants, pool side bars and around the hotel were all courteous and friendly.
    I loved the fact that the Waitress from the pool side bar remembered what drinks I liked and didn’t mind taking the rather large cup I brought with me to be filled up at the bar!
    Only went to one of the pre book able restaurant, that was the Italian on the day we arrived as I had booked in advance via email as it was my friend’s birthday. We did had a wonderful time and they surprised my friend with a lovely cake with her name on it and got everyone to sing happy birthday for her!
    After that I was too lazy or tipsy to drag myself away from the pool to book a table at the assigned times (I think it was 10am-2pm). The main dining hall had a buffet which was quite good but got a bit samey after awhile alternatively Margaritas and the Tex Mex were quite good and you didn’t have to pre book, however I must admit I’m not much if a foodie I eat to live not live to eat so if you are very picky about fine dining this may not be the place for you or you should make sure to pre book the restaurant, which many people I spoke to did as you can book them three days in advance or I’m sure you can book for the duration of your holiday in one go. .
    It was Thanks giving during my stay and the hotel decorated the hotel with hey and thanks giving decorations which looked really lovely and they even had a live Turkey and chickens!!
    Every night there was some kind of entertainment on the resort but as we were tired the 1st few days we didn’t go to much but we watch some of it from our balcony. We did however go to Paty'O Lounge with the staff and Coco Bongos twice and had a Awesome time!
    On the coach ride over to Coco Bongos the staff made sure we were aware where we had to go, not to accept drink or shots from anyone other than our waiter to avoid being charged as drinks were included and how much to pay the taxi drivers when we made our own way back to the hotel
    As per other reviews there were a lot of couples at the hotel however me and my friend never felt uncomfortable as two single girls nor did we get hit on by sleazy guys or swinger – come to think of it we didn’t really see any type of swinging activity other than some risqué outfits at some of the theme nights but they were all in good fun.
    All of the guests were very friendly and most of the people I spoke to had stayed at the resort many times which says a lot about the resort.
    I myself am defiantly Tempted to return!
    Highlights and random memories from my trip
    Chickening out of the pole dancing lessons and being glad I did because the other women were much better than me
    Being happy I paid attention to the Cancun care forum posts and purchased my reusable cup before hand
    Meet up with mbern1008 by the pool, arranging to go Coco bongos then falling asleep Bah!!
    Receiving a tweet from Curlyblonde before leaving then randomly meeting her in the TOILETS by the pool
    Meeting up with Blake&Lisa by the pool
    Having breakfast with GaryUK then chatting with him and First-timer by the pool and also praying they didn’t notice how rubbish I was at snorkelling during the Boob Cruise
    Meeting Zurc in Paty'O Lounge then falling asleep and missing the infamous sock
    Going to Coco bongos with the entertainments staff and having a blast!
    Going to the breakfast buffet the day after thanks giving noticing the Live turkey and chickens and wonder how tipsy I much have been not to notice them the day before
    Entering the Dirty Minds Competition and winning Go girls team!!
    Going to Daddy’os with the entertainments staff dancing on a pole drinking way to much then later being sick in the cab home and in the lobby (Sorry come to think about it the tequila shots during the Dirty minds comp probably didn’t help much)
    Meeting matchandahalf by the pool and thinking she looked absolutely stunning
    Waking up just in time to get on the coach for the Boob cruse
    Despite being hangover for the 1st part having an awesome time on the Boob cruse where I snorkelled badly, held a shark, eventually went topless (Thanks to Sandy!) danced, fell over and got caught by Big Red My hero!
    Souvenir shopping with matchandahalf and Big Red - My nephew loved the shark jaw by the way, he actually identified the type of shark it was informed me that it is an endangered species - he's 9!
    Tasting Alcohol infused whip cream
    Swearing off tequila for life!!!
    Returning to Coco Bongos and seeing matchandahalf then Sandy dancing on the platform! I was to lazy to go myself but you guys represented!
    Feeling very sad on my last day by the pool
    Making a promise to myself to come back
    Going to stop waffling now but i want to say again that I had an absolutely awesome time and met some truly fab people!
    If i didn’t mention you please don’t be offended feel free to add me on twitter or facebook
    Chao

http://www.facebook.com/#!/leeanne.weise

2. matchandahalf

matchandahalf Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey, my UK gf's!

Glad you two foxy Brit chicks had a great time at TTR. Too bad our dates didn't overlap a bit more, but it was fun souvenir shopping with you on the island and helping Rene buy a really really BIG ring. He isn't called Red Bull for nothing...talk about HUGE paws lol! I hope our paths will cross again at TTR! Happy holidays!

Just had an epiphany and remembered your name, Megan! lol...I didn't kill off ALL my brains cells at TTR, apparently!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
  3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Nice to meet you on the cruise. Great to hear you enjoyed your trip and hope to see you again next time.

4. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Cool trip report, sounds like you had fun, counting down the days to be back at Temptation again! :icon_eek::cigar::icon_eek:

5. regdog

regdog Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Nice TR. Thanks for sharing...
    Sounds like a Repeater has been birthed once again.:huepfen021:

6. Tanyer

Tanyer Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks so much for sharing! We are going around this week next year, for the first of hopefully many years! Can't wait :)

7. Wotshernmeagain

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I think your right!

I'm already trying to bully my friends into going with me!

8. Wotshernmeagain

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Yes his hands were massive! at least he found somthing in the end lol!
    And my names Lee-Anne by the way lol Tequilla!!

Oh yeah saw you dancing on the platform at Coco Bongos! you go girl!!

9. Bubba

Bubba Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Well I am glad I was able to save you! Lol ! Must be the Big Hands! Lol ! Thank you ladies for helping me shop!

It was great meeting you and hope to see you again!

Rene AKA "Red Bull". Lol.

10. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Fantastic summary. Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice