Temptation Trip Report September 1-8

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by kristinanddoug, Sep 10, 2012.

1. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    This was our 3rd trip to Temptation in less than a year and it was easily the best one out of the three. There is one reason it was the best, because of the great group of people that happened to be there during that time. We got lucky, because not all groups of people at Temptation are as much fun to hang out as our Labor Day folks were, you guys were the best, thank you!

CHECK-IN
    Since our reservation was not under our name, we were a little worried, but after the check-in lady couldn't find our name on any reservation, I gave her the name of the guy who originally made the reservation (we bought it second-hand from him). I told her he was my travel agent and it could be under his name, she found that reservation right away and promptly gave us our rooms, no more questions asked. She even forgot to have us sign the form stating the Alpharooms silly sale price was a fluke.

ROOM
    Our first two trips we stayed in Building 1. This vacation there was no room in Building 1, so we agreed to stay in Building 5. For those of you who do not like Building 2 because of the noise, stay in Building 1 or 5, they are both great locations. I was very happy with the extra dresser in the closet. We had twice as much dresser space in this room than we did in Building 1. Here is a picture of our room 5233:

[​IMG]

Now keep in mind these are some of the rooms with no bathroom door and glass windows looking into the toilet. It wasn't uncomfortable for my wife and I, but we partied with another couple and I could see how that may get a bit awkward. Here is a picture of the bathroom, you can see the toilet toward the right:

[​IMG]

The view from the balcony was just fine. If you looked to the right you could barely see the Sexy Pool and the ocean. It was super close walking distance to pretty much everything, except Seafood and Italian restaurants. Here is a picture from our balcony:

[​IMG]

Our room had the gigantic shower that had 2 rain water spigots so both my wife and I could shower at the same time. Although I liked the water pressure in the normal shower better, it was nice saving time getting ready for dinner. Again, the shower had a glass full length window so you could see right into it from the room, here is a picture:

[​IMG]

I know that there have been some people in the past that have complained about ants. And all I have to say is, don't spill any beer, soda, or leave anything with any type of sugar laying around in your room. We didn't have any ants, but one day I spilled some beer, and later on the ants were having a keg party there, just saying. Keep a clean room and you shouldn't have to worry about those microscopic ants.

RESTAURANTS

All I have to say is thank God that Bellavista no longer has a strict dress code and no need for reservations. Bellavista now has the same dinner dress code as Margarita's, nice shorts, nice shirt, nice shoes, no pool wear. As some of you that met us know, we keep it very casual and laid back, so the more restaurants that you can wear nice shorts in, the better. Here is a picture of Kristin getting the Surf & Turf at Bellavista's:

[​IMG]

Now, I am not a big fan of shrimp myself, but I was able to get the Turf & Turf at the Bellavista without any problem at all. The filet they serve is actually pretty decent and tastes good, although it varies from night to night. The first three times I had the steak, there was no bacon. The very last night I had the steak, it was wrapped in bacon. Here is a closeup of the Turf & Turf without the bacon:

[​IMG]

As usual, we only ate breakfast at El Embarcadero, we always would have a made to order omelette, or eggs over medium, and every morning it was delicious. I keep telling Kristin that one day we should eat lunch or dinner at El Embarcadero, but we never do.

We would always eat lunch at Margarita's, our favorite's were the chicken fajitas and the fish with rice for lunch. For dinner at Margarita's, we like the Chicken Tex Mex, the BBQ ribs, and the Rib Eye. So our basic routine was buffet for breakfast, Margarita's for lunch, then decide whether to have Bellavista or Margarita's for dinner. Once again, we never made it around to make reservations for the Italian or Asian. But with all you can eat steak, chicken, and fish, we weren't complaining.

POOLS, OCEAN, ISLA MUJERES:

We have been to Temptation three times in past year, and neither one of us have set foot in either the Sports Pool or the Quiet Pool so you will have to read another review to find out about those. We also never went into the ocean this trip either. But Kristin was a little scared because one of our buddies ''Bruiser'' got stung by a jellyfish earlier in the trip at the Temptation beach. So obviously we spend a majority of the day in the Sexy Pool. We had quite a bit of fun, but the Scotland guy's helicopter was getting a little redundant by the end of the trip. Every contest he entered he was whipping out the helicopter. Don't get me wrong, it was a riot at first, but then he didn't even need to be in contests to start swinging that thing as fast as humanly possible. The DJ's were fine, some of them played better music than others. Amy and Nathan had a hard time keeping things going when Sara69 had a day off. Oh, and here is a picture of Sara69 and Kristin at Paty'O:

[​IMG]

So we decided to get the high speed ferry to Isla Mujeres for a day of shopping in. The ferry costs $17 round trip and it takes about 15 minutes to get to the island. The ferry leaves close by Temptation, just walk straight out the hotel, turn to the left, and start walking, it is just before the bridge. There is an air-conditioned part underneath:

[​IMG]

Or you can go up top and catch some sun. We knew how much sun we were going to get on Isla Mujeres so we spent half the time in the AC. Here is a picture of the ferry getting to the dock at Isla Mujeres:

[​IMG]

Once on the island, we were hungry for lunch. I know there are an absolute ton of different places to eat on the island, but one we would suggest for lunch is Barlito. It is a small place right on a corner, but their food was like gourmet style. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the breads and pastas. We would definitely eat there again (you can find them on the web).

Needless to say, we were extremely hot from all the walking around so we decided to cool off in the ocean. The public beach by the docks is very nice, here is a picture we took of it before we jumped in:

[​IMG]

The ocean cooled us off immediately, I wish Temptation had nice waves like that, here is a picture of Doug cooling off at the Isla Mujeres beach:

[​IMG]

We missed our ferry back to Cancun that day, but fortunately for us, we found a nice group of people sailing on a catamaran that were willing to give us a ride directly to the Temptation dock. Lucky for us, because that ride back to the resort was crazy. Thanks again Steve. :icon_smile:

MISC:

I can't remember who, but someone suggested getting a massage from the blue tent close to Temptation, THANK YOU! It was great; $40 for an hour massage, and $25 for a half hour, that was fantastic. They don't open until 10:30-11:00am some days so don't go to early. Just walk out toward the beach, turn to your left, and walk a couple minutes. It is just past the last volleyball court. Well worth your time.

It is the people at Temptation that make it what it is. We were so fortunate to have folks like (screen names here): Spicy, CarrieJean, SKusnierz, Kstew40, nikndave, S&S84, Showtime, Linus&Money, Cnsfugate, Tonya&Greg, Ustwo, jamestoronto, wentcrazy, conjuna, royandsarah, Big&Little, MaciJo, Tweb, Tc123123, Tim&Donna. If I am leaving someone out, I blame it on the alcohol. So if there EVER is a time when we can get this same group of people together, let us know and we will be there IN A SECOND. You guys were the greatest group of people Kristin and I could have ever asked for.

My best memories were of Carrie and Kristin dancing til they were drenched in sweat at Paty 'O. Greg entering every contest and having an absolute riot doing it. Greg, Chris, and Dave all entered the same contest and Greg set the bar high, but Chris and Dave were up to the challenge. I would have to say that one contest was perhaps the highlight of the trip, between the clear plastic ball and the bananas, that was an absolute riot, you guys rock. I also remember many good times at the Sexy Pool with Stacy making sure everyone was having a great time. Um, still don't know why Dan changed his name to Bruce mid-way through the trip. As many of you know, the group of 14 from a motorcycle club in Missouri were great guys too, they really knew how to party and even showed Kristin the right shot to drink:

[​IMG]

So Linus if you ever convince the boys to go back to Temptation, let us know, we had a great time with all of you.

I know I am forgetting a ton of stuff, but you guys will have to remind what I did, as this was my view for pretty much the entire trip:

[​IMG]

So if I ever helped you to get a drink from Paty'O, remind me of another fun story, because for every drink I gave you, I had at least two to replace it. What more can I say, the 1st week of September rocked, and I hope we can all do it over again sometime! Love you guys, each and every one of you!

2. Flame_on

Flame_on Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice trip report! great with the pictures too, thanks for taking the time.

How come never set foot in the pools?

3. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Guess we just never got around to it. We saw no need to leave the Sexy Pool...ever.

4. Sasha Spencer

Sasha Spencer Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great trip report!!

5. tonyaandgreg

tonyaandgreg Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Guys, it was our second time and also the best. Had such a blast! I would not put the Mr. Temptation as my first pick, but it was a lot of fun and humiliation which seem to go hand in hand for me anyway. Been working on my trip report, but not quite there yet.

6. nikndave

nikndave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    This was our second trip as well and it was nothing like the first. I'm sure its because of the great people we met that shared our week of debauchery.
    Would be great to do it again with the same group. All of you were so much fun!

7. travelingd

travelingd Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All Dave & I have to say is "WOW". What a time

8. tonyaandgreg

tonyaandgreg Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    We really enjoyed talking with you guys. Cool people.

9. SheikYerboottie

SheikYerboottie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    AWESOME thanks for sharing. The bartenders at TTR are the absolute best!

10. zurc

zurc I want to grow up to be Chino's! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Great detailed trip report. Can't wait to get back. Thanks for sharing!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice