Temptation Price Matching? Anyone Done This?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Ghost37, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Ghost37

Ghost37 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Hey everyone, I have flights for me and my gf Jan 4-12 but we still have yet to book the hotel.

We definitely want to make Temptation happen, but money is a bit tight at the moment so we're trying to stay at about $200 a night + taxes. Maybe wishful thinking as Temptation looks like it is $287 a night for the time period.

However, I saw Temptation states they price match on their website. SnapTravel has those dates for $183 a night. I was wondering if they might price match that and if anyone has tried this in the past.

2. Becca2112

Becca2112 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 0
    Try Right Connection Travel and / or Vacations To Go. We have used them in the past and have found them to be less than going with the hotel directly. Hope this helps!

3. Ghost37

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Thanks for the tip, Vacations to go was $232 per night for the 8 days so I think we could work with that. Still will probably call Temptation as it won't hurt to ask if they will match SnapTravel. Just don't want to book with them because there's a lot of horror stories. Vacations to go looks like it's a lot more professional

4. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Try TravelUp...no issue as we have used them a few times.
    Couples Travel is out of biz

5. drew_buckeye

drew_buckeye Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    I've heard of a few people (on this site or facebook) that have tried to have the hotel price match from a different site. Sounds like it was a giant hassle to try and get TTR to price match. Some were successful and others gave up. I would save the time and book with an alternate site, but if you have a lot of free time on your hands you may try to have them price match.

I believe you had to have a screen shot of the lower price along with date and time. You probably also need to provide your mothers maiden name, social security number, and date of birth :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. johng24

johng24 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 0
    We did a price match for our May trip. Moved it to the end of July. It took a few emails and a screenshot of the deal but they did match it. I was surprised. We got an ocean view for $191 a night. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Ghost37

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Good to hear you made it happen, maybe there is hope for me yet!
    Haha, well if I have to do much more than provide a screenshot I'll probably pass! Thanks for the info though, I'm going to update with a post whenever I get around to calling them.

8. Becca2112

Becca2112 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 0
    We had such a hard time with the price match!!! But glad to hear others were successful! Good luck!

9. txcpl1129

txcpl1129 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    Has anyone ever booked thru expedia?? We booked one time thru RCI and they made us pay an additional 150.00 a day per person for the all inclusive feature.
    Anyone have experience with this via expedia?? We are thinking of adding a couple days on the front end of our April trip and it is a lot cheaper to get those 2 days with our expedia account as we have enough points to compensate for 2 days.
    But I am worried they will pull the same crap again about paying an all inclusive fee upon arrival even though the rate on expedia shows it to be all inclusive.

Any help is appreciated.

10. suendave25

suendave25 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    We have also used the price match. Sent a copy of the quote that included all fees and taxes. it wasn't difficult at all and didn't take long. Last done for a trip last February and saved over any internet pricing from all that were suggested by fellow TTR quests

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice