Temptation-experience.com Direct Booking

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Tempted7076, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Tempted7076

Tempted7076 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I woke up this morning looking at the half full suitcase, getting ready for Oct 31st early morning departure from Vancouver to Cancun - -and bam, email arrives from Temptation that our flight changed from Oct 31 to Nov 2nd and that we are still booked at the hotel from Oct 31- Nov 10.
    As my temperature and blood pressure rises, I am thinking to myself: wtf, is this a joke?
    We booked a package through Temptation website on April 29, full reservation, hotel and flights Oct 31-Nov 10.
    Oh, you can only imagine our excitement in the months that followed, until today.
    "Please review... your flights have changed. Please call us if you have any questions".
    First of all, I booked the package through their site.
    If I wanted to book flight and hotel separately - I could have.
    But I didn't.
    So I called them, and they don't know anything, and they give me the number for the travel agent company that is in charge of the reservation.
    I asked a few more questions about the similar situation and they are clueless.
    Super!
    So I call reserve-hotels(the above mentioned travel agent), and they are "absolutely bewildered!!!" that Interjet changed the flights and "but you have to call them!!!".
    Ok, I take that in stride as well, and I phone the Interjet number they give me: "You won free Grand Caribbean cruise, please stay on line and we will connect you to the agent to make your booking!" Again, I think to myself: "wtf"
    I research other Interjet phone numbers on their website and after fifteen minutes a young (also clueless girl) responds and after I tell her what tje issue is, she transfers me to "her companions who know how to help me".
    20 minutes wait of Music, commercial and "INTERJET" song, Miguel answers. I explain the issue and he gets it right away and let's us know that all direct flights are cancelled and we have an option to book Nov 1 for free of charge, and tells us that we can think about it and call later, otherwise any other flight change will come with charge.
    I thank him and wish him good night.
    Email arrived this morning, I stressed about it all day, all calls later, picked up our son from school, and finally called the direct number Miguel gave me and rebooked our flight to Nov 1st.
    It's a little bit after 8 pm Vancouver time, our trip is no longer what we wanted it to be, we will miss
    the famous Hallowe'en night. What do you think would be fair compensation from Temptation for all the stress we went through today, knowing that they are "first hand", we booked through them and paid what we booked for, - and now we are a day short and I have to call them tomorrow to modify our reservation?

2. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +669 / 1
    I think I would pushing hard to book another airline that arrives on Oct 31 and they should pay the difference.

3. Tempted7076

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I know , that's what I hoped for when I called them today, and that was one of my questions to their reservations line, but all I got was to call the travel agent. I am planning to email GM tomorrow

4. DannKathy

DannKathy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 2
    That is some bullshit right there. Hope they make it right for you. We used to do packages, but anymore do separate flight and resorts.

5. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    It seems all airlines are going down hill on their customer service. It's ridiculous. Our recent issue... We ALWAYS travel WestJet, they have the most convenient travel times for us and the service and staff are second to none... until now. We booked our trip in June for November, not as a package. A couple of weeks ago I went to book USA Transfers, needing the specific flight details I retrieve the online itinerary from WestJet only to find our return flights had been changed and we weren't even notified. Had I already had the transfers booked I would have never known our return flight was changed, until we were in Cancun on the way home and missed our flight.

6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Since the cancellation is on their accord there absolutely should be no charge to fly on the same day as your original booking. As long as they have a way to get you there on their airline they should at the same price. Are they actually saying they have flights with a connection but it would cost more? I would call back and firmly state they cancelled the flight not you. If they have an option to arrive on the 31st they should be responsible for the extra cost. Did they say they dont have available seats until the next day? Then moving to the next day makes sense. But if they have the seats every airline I have ever dealt with (and I used to fly weekly) would move you to other flights on the same day without cost to you. The cost comes in when moving to another airline. But even some will cover that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    Good luck with that! When they are trying to get you to book, it's like "..book a package with us. It's easy, no hassles, we take care of everything." When there's a problem, suddenly, "...oh, that's not us. You have to deal with the outside travel agency." What bullshit! If they want to be in the full service travel business, they need to be full service!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    We too are in Vancouver and flying InterJet but we booked them direct and our travel is the 17th and 27th of October with direct flights ( originally ) with great times and for 2 people less than $800 Canadian.

So far we’ve only had one change and it’s on the return flight. Same date but no longer direct and now leaves 2 hours earlier but gets us home at the same time.

The hotel in your case needs to find a way to get you there on your booked dates at their expense. Their assigned 3rd party travel company dropped the ball and that’s on them. I would hold out for a solution of them keeping your dates and providing a different airline at their expense.

Otherwise they don’t have a credible service. Encourage them more to step up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Tempted7076

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Thank you all for the encouragement.
    I called them again yesterday and insisted that I wanted them to honour our package reservation, asked to talk to the manager - but you how difficult it is doing it over the phone, things would have been different if I were there in person.
    They, again, after some me heated discussion on who he is responsible for the package, directed me to "their affiliate travel agent company". I talked to several people at reserve-hotels, they they blamed it on airline, so I asked to move us to another airline, they almost laughed at me: "oh, no, no, no, we can't do that".
    In the meantime, my lovely husband, who doesn't like seeing me like this, said that it wasn't the end of the world, as long as we are together and still get to enjoy ourselves for 9 days, plus, the kids were happy that we would be spending the Hallowe'en night with them.
    I settled on modifying our reservation to Nov 1st, we arrive to Cancun @ 12:15 pm, early enough to enjoy the day and night.
    I do, however, plan to talk to P.L, the general manager, when we get there, and I hope they will Show us what the original-group.com philosophy is all about: "At Original Group, we are convinced that customer satisfaction is the guarantee of success;".
    Thanks again for listening, and offering advice and encouragement.
    This is out third trip to Temptation and hopefully we get to party with all of you at some point.
    Lesson learned, back to the original "looking forward to good times mood!"
    Love,
    G

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice