Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by darkladydi, Apr 26, 2009.
We are due to leave may 12, i don,t know what to due.
What you should "due" is a matter of opinion.
I can tell you what I would do, but why would that change your mind? Here are some facts that may help you with your decision.
Im a Canadian, so I use Canadian facts. Feel free to "alter" them to fit your home nations statistics as well.
1) Swine flu is not guaranteed to kill. As a matter of fact, if you get it, chances are youll be just fine within a week. This doesnt mean its 100% "safe," but CHANCES ARE.
2) The chance of you catching a human flu are much higher. Thats right, you have a much better chance of catching the common human flu rather than the swine flu... regardless of whether or not youre in Mexico cit, Cancun, or anywhere else.
3) To put things into perspective, did you know about 4,000 people die from the human flu every year in Canada? Think about that for a second... 4,000 people... How worried are you about the human flu? Not very much I take it... Well, then why would you be so worried about the swine flu, which has yet to kill anyone in Canada.
4) There are already medications which have been proven to work on the swine flu. Specifically, Tamiflu.
5) It is HIGHLY likely that all of this chaos will be settled within the next couple weeks. Its unfortunate that the news makes it out to be such a big deal, but it also helps because it demands attention, better hygiene, and further medical support.
5) Wash your hands
We only really need one thread on this issue, not the top 5 threads as is the current case. I'm going to lock all duplicate threads and refer the discussions to the longest current thread. You can find it here:
Please continue all flu discussions, news and concerns in the one thread there.