Swim-Up Bar???

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by FFTaz23, Dec 1, 2010.

1. FFTaz23

FFTaz23 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought I read somewhere that there was going to be a swim-up bar put in at the Golden once all of the renovations are done. Does anyone know if this is true, and if is, is it there and up and running yet?? I'm going to be there in 2 weeks.

Also, any pics would be great!!!

Thanks for the help,
    -Delaware

2. Country Cut

Country Cut Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good Question. We also read that from someone's reviews on Expedia. This preson was evidently a regular and was planning a return trip in the spring. We are trying to find out the same thing but no luck as of yet.

3. busymomof3

busymomof3 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No swim up bar from what I have read. Too bad because I like them too!They do have a bar around the pool and bartenders offer poolside service as well as beach service. I guess the Tiki Bar is the place to be into all hours of the night! :) We will be there in March, our first time.

4. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No swim up bar....the pool is pretty small anyways. Service around the pool and beach is not the fastest, as it usually is just one person, but there are bars close by on the beach and the tiki is right there as well.

We are beach people, and to be honest not a big fan of swim up bars. I see to many people sit there for hours never getting out and drinking heavily. Don't want to swim in those pools, lol.

5. NC Gal

NC Gal Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ugh. I wish I were there, swim up bar or not. We are in for another major snow storm in the south.

6. Country Cut

Country Cut Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks everyone. Swim up bar or not. We are still planning on being there the end of May.

7. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Right now they did do a lot of renovations. They took out the walking strip inbetween the two pools(big pool and kiddie pool) and they also took out the bridge going from the bbq hut to the lifeguard hut. They cut out the ocean edge of the pool and made it an infinity pool. I believe the bar might go right on the side there so it doesn't block the ocean view. It is not in yet... but they ARE planning on doing it. I had a friend just get back from there about a month ago. He took some pics... i'll try to get them up. There is NO MORE golf course, but now there are more shops and i believe one more restaurant? i can't remember. They didn't update the rooms too heavily but they did get new mattresses :) Much better! Lily (the pool waitress) is still not back... but my love Gamaliel is still a waiter in the buffet from what i hear! :)

8. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Also, I'm going in March and I will post my pics! Trust me! Every year I take about 1500 pictures! :)

9. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice to have you back Hammie....looking fab as always.

10. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    aweee thanks girlie! :) I posted new pics of GP up.... somewhere in this forum lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice