Sunday at the beach with Max.....

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by CancunCanuck, Mar 4, 2007.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So, not technically a "trip report", more like a "what we did on Sunday" report, but still fun.

We started the day off right with the breakfast buffet at Hacienda Sisal, yum! For around a hundred pesos you get an all you can eat buffet with pozole, sopa de pancita (not my fave, but it made hubby happy, it's soup of stomach), tamales (both Yucatecan and DF style), chiliquiles, salads, made to order omelettes, scrambled eggs, sausages, tacos, quesadillas and much more! Whenever we go the place is full of locals, so you know the food is good.

We then headed over to Plaza Kukulcan to pick up a few things. I managed to pick up a new bikini when hubby wasn't looking (I was supposed to be buying water and snacks, haha). The mall keeps improving, it's looking good. I would like to see some of the empty stores filled in, but hopefully they'll get there.

Then, off to the beach! It was a GORGEOUS day. We went to Playa Marlin, behind Plaza Kukulcan. Yellow flag day, it was calm enough for Max to go (not a common event on the east side, usually it's too rough for a toddler). Lots of shells in the sand, hubby cut his foot a couple of times and is still crying like a baby about it. I didn't find it that intrusive, though we are going to buy some water shoes for Max (and hubby). I know people are dying to know about the infamous sand ledge and yes it's there, but it's small and not a problem. There were lots of "ramps" carved into the sand that made it very easy to get down. I'll post a pic for your viewing pleasure.

Here's a montage of LOTS of pics......

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?...skin_id=0&&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

And here's the ledge (didn't include it in the montage)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These boys were doing their best to tear down the ledge.....
    [​IMG]

And this is just my new favourite pic, in my new bikini!

[​IMG]

2. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    great pictures !

wish i had spent the day at the beach :cry:

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancuck, you are getting pretty skinny there girl! I like the new suit. I'm so lame, have not been to the beach in ages...

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're not lame, you're busy! Thanks for the words about being skinny, it's the only reason I could buy a new suit! Regular stores in Cancun do not carry large sizes for large women, I usually just go to Zingara, ask if they have anything in a 16 top and leave when they bring me the one ugly suit in that size. Today, I did the same, but actually tried on a few size 16. TOO BIG! Turns out I have shrunk enough to actually choose from anything in the store since I am now a size 12! :D :D :D

And all you size one girls out there can just..........well, eat a doughnut or something! :wink:

5. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looks lik you guys had a fun day at the beach, wish we were there. We had lots of snow this weekend, but it is melting. :) I love looking at pics of the beach, and your son is just adorable.

Good for mom too in a bikini, amazing when you think there was a baby in there before. :)

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great pics and what a great day you had!!!!

And as for the bikini, well, I have just one thing to say....YOU LOOK MARVELOUS DAHLING!!! :lol: :lol:

7. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow! Fun day! Thank you for sharing the pictures. Max just looks so determined in his step! How adorable and I agree you're looking great!

8. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I checked out your link Canuck. I saw several great pics. My favorites are the one of Max and hubby looking at each other, the one of you posing, and the one of Max napping. And I saw the adorable video of Max and Lola and kitty. How cute! Thanks!

9. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gracias for the pictures !!

Max is adorable !

And yes, you look great in that new bikini ! :D

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Canuck you look fab! Love the bikini

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice