suggestions??

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by gene37412, Mar 2, 2007.

1. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My condo has some really ugly betty fans in it...some don't even work!! I recently bought replacements at The Home Depot but the ceiling is very high. Any suggestions on where I can borrow or rent a 10 or 12 feet step ladder for a day or so to replace these? Also where is the best place to buy furniture of modern style? Thanks...Gene

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't help with the ladder, sorry! For furniture, try Sears and Liverpool first, or Azcue, all at Plaza las Americas. There are also lots of furniture stores on Nichupte, around Kabah. Sorry I don't know any of the names, I just drool in the windows and move on, definitely out of my budget!

Good luck!

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gene - I have a 6 foot step ladder you can borrow, and I also have an extension ladder which might be 20 feet (?? not sure). You can borrow either one or both, so long as you come get 'em and bring 'em back before my husband finds another excuse to get up on the roof...

PM me if you are interested.

As for furniture, there's a lot of crappy and some nice Italian style furniture here. Paseo Cancun has a store. There's Azcue (which CC mentioned) near the VIP Cinemas upstairs at Plaza Lost Americas.

And she's right, on Nichupte across from Parque Kabah, between Ave Kabah and Ave Del Bosque there's a couple of nice stores. There's a store I LOVE upstairs in Plaza Hong Kong (at Xcaret & Labna), they don't have a lot of furniture, but lots of decorator items, we got great curtain rods there.

4. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lots of Furniture in Costco or Sams too.

5. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did we leave out Telebodega for furniture?

Got my couches there. Faux suede which the cats love to rip up but they look nice, they are human sized and actually comfortable. Two loveseats and ottoman for 7,000 pesos.

6. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh Yea! We got our there too same exact set at liverpool, half the price. They have some very good prices on appliances as well.

7. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep I totally vote telebodega for appliances.

TV's and stuff like that I think you can find great deals in Costco, Sams or even Walmart.

8. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Altimus in Plaza Nayandei on Bonampak has some nice stuff and is bigger than you'd think for being in Nayandei. There's also a new Italian furniture store on the corner of Bonampak and Sayil, across from the Plaza del Toros. It's small but has nice furniture.

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like Altimus too, and it is huge in there.

10. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is one on Nichupte next to Mr. Liao's and what about the deadly expensive one on Xcaret near Plaza Las Palmas if I am not mistaken. Isn't it between there and Super Damas? I am too busy looking for Super Damas instead of furniture. Applicants welcome.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice