Stay in Cancun during Spring Break 2017 advisable?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Aerowinx, Jan 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Aerowinx

Aerowinx Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello,

me and my wife are thinking about travelling to cancun/riviera maya/cozumel between 20.03.2017-09.04.2017, but now we read about typical spring break activity in this time. Now we are wondering if it would be possible to have a quite and chilling stay at the beach without many young and alcoholized spring breakers. For your comment on my fears i would be very thankful.

Kind regards and greetings from germany,
    Stefan

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Boy, I'll tell you, there are so many cool places to visit here on the Yucatan Peninsula that are not really on the spring breakers' radar that you can be guaranteed a good time at spring break, or any other time.

On the web have a look at Puerto Morelos, Isla Holbox, Rio Lagartos, and Celestun. (Many people have never realized how beautiful the Gulf of Mexico coast is here.)

See Vallodolid (Casa de Venados, a fabulous folk art museum), and visit Ek Balam ruins, as part of an exploration. A rental car will greatly increase the range and variety of what you can see and do.

Don't miss Merida, and a chance to stay in a renovated colonial home. Merida has an amazing history, with more USD millionaires at the turn of the 19th-20th century than had New York City. Those rich left fabulous mansions in Merida, and their wealthy haciendas in the countryside, with an economy fed by the demand for rope made of natural fiber, henequin.

3. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    avoid low end resorts .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice