Spirit now charge for every checked bag

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Ana, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is interesting news, these airlines can drive you nuts!

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it also Spirit who announced they would be changing the allowable checked bag weight from 50 lbs. to 70 lbs.? I remember as recently as 2004, the maximum weight was 70 lbs. on almost every international carrier until they took that down.

212eric
    CANCUN TOP 100

3. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, you are right, Ana, and since you cannot carry any gel/liquid/cream/lotion/toothpaste and so on with you, you have no choice but pay for a checked luggage! I have seen (coming back from the US) many people with huuuuuuuuuuuuge suitcases, so the limit size/weight doesn't seem to apply, like only ONE carry-on either.

MORE.... written in very tiny letters in their magazine, from June 20, they charge $1 for soft drinks, even water!!! No choice but pay.

I don't know what their policy is.... what all that is about, a girl at the counter told me they are going to get the fares down... :shock: :?:

4. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wonder how they get around IATA and FAA regulations?

5. Buffett

Buffett Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Remind me not to fly with Spiritair. I hope the rest of the airlines don't get on the bandwagon.

6. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Our flights from Cancun to Ft. Laudardale and back were fine, I pre pay for checked bags and have no problem. Still with the USD $ 5per bag the ticket was much more affordable than with other airlines.

Yes they charge for everything you want to take during the flight and only accept credit or debit cards. No cash

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice