Single Guy Trip Report Dec 20th to 27th 2011

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Northerner10, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Northerner10

Northerner10 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I landed in Toronto last night in a major snow storm with three inches on the runway..... Did not like that! It sure made you appreciate where you just came from.
    First of all, the advise given from this forum was of great help. USA Transfers was the way to go and had great service. The coffee pots in the take Milita # 2 cone filters, not regular filters(but they do work)HA! Thanks for the heads up on the time share pitch, I did not bother.
    I arrived on the 20th at 3pm and was assigned to room 5514, got there and did not even unpack, went to the desk and expressed that I did not like the fence view and was upraded to 2207 with ocean view and was very happy. Pretty central location, a bit loud at night, but I knew that and it did not bother me. The whole place was extremely clean, and the staff very friendly. Drinks were great and you got top shelf if you asked, and for buffet food it was good as well with lots of variety. Christmas Eve buffet was very nice with nice crad and lots of items. there was a Bar B Q on Friday night which was also good.I tipped about 150.00 in total during the week, maid, bar, waiters.
    In short I have absolutely no complaints, the weather was amazing high 80F's to 90F. I think the majority of singles there were men, which was not great for me, but that being said I still meant some nice people both singles and couples. I am not a big party person, but did try to get out to Patty O's most nights.
    All the way back on the plane I asked myself would I go back and although there is plenty going on and lots of of fun to be had by all, I probably would not return as a single male, but with the right woman, I probably would consider it. Again absolutley no regrets or complaints, I do think it would be more fun as a couple. It was the first time I traveled by myself in 15 years so, my comments and experience would have been the same regardless of where I went. That being said who knows maybe by next Christmas, I might be tempted.... Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions and I really wish there was a way to identify members of the board. I know about the orange bands, but if know one has them or are aware of them whats the point.
    Brad

2. Roxie

Roxie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    Good info...you went on the wrong week though. I went last Feb and it seemed to be all single women!! ;)

3. Crystella

Crystella Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We stayed in room 5514 and it looked onto the hammocks on the beach... no fence?

We thought it was a great room in October.

4. Kimmiey

Kimmiey Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good TR.
    You used USA Transfers? Did you not book with a charter company from Toronto? The orange bands you get on the Boobs Cruise. I have mine still from last time.
    And all the snow is gone now, yay! (downtown that is)

5. Northerner10

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe wrong rm # I was in the back corner

6. Northerner10

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thare was no Boobs Cruise when I was there, they seemed to be pushing the "one and only". I booked USA Transfer from link off this site. I booked with a place I found on line called, Travel Last Minute Inc. Excellent price out of Toronto and good to deal with. Familiar with the resort as well.
    I paid 1300. 00 with the singles supplement all inlusive, plus the 347.00 in Canadian taxes and add ons.

7. Northerner10

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wish I had went then,,,,

8. tere

tere Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Good times for singles to go

:aktion030:If you look down a few topics, check out the Chaoscrew nov/dec 2012...loads of singles and a fun group to hang with. Ibizasue:aktion030: has started it already. Also, the weeks that were formerly singles weeks are good weeks to go since many singles that went when they had it, return for those weeks. One was Nov. 6, the other was May 6 or so, I think.
    The orange bands you can get on Steve's Boob's cruise or buy plain orange ones at a party store or a Dollar Store. Zurc:aktion030: from the Chaoscrew has supplied them(lovingly) the last 2 years to anyone and everyone!

9. matchandahalf

matchandahalf Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yup, I second Tere's post, having joined the Chaos Crew for the first time earlier this month for my first solo trip anywhere. Lots of singles, both male and female, and the whole group mingled well together, couples and singles, and newbies were made to feel very welcome by the repeaters. But I can imagine, though, that travelling as a single to TTR might be less than satisfying experience if you don't hit the right group of people.

10. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeap! you were just there on a wrong time.

i still wanna go back to Temptations again....but i love my people at GP but the entertainment staff that i know are slowly moving there (sexi sara and dannyboy)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice