Silent Disco

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Al and Kim, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Al and Kim

Al and Kim Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 4
    We were at a vanilla resort on the Riviera Maya recently. One night they had a silent disco night. We had a blast. I am wondering if this would work for a theme night at Temptation?
    For those that don’t know what a silent disco is, everyone puts headphones on. There are 3 channels with 3 different kinds of music being played. The headphones have a light on them so you can see which of the channels everyone around you are on. Red, blue, and green.It was hilarious to see everyone dancing and singing to the different music. It really got everyone up and dancing. I think this would work well at bash.
    What do you think? Has this ever been tried at Temptation?

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  2. cnparda

cnparda Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,247 / 1
    There was silent disco on our cruise one year, we thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever. Apologies, but we disagree, I think that would be a terrible idea.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. hotfitcpl

hotfitcpl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +619 / 1
    Thats a Texas sized hard NO. Sorry.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Cinnamonflixxx

Cinnamonflixxx Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 1
    It's a great idea for a vanilla resort, a street party where there's a noise by-law, or a place where there's a diverse group of people who would like different styles of music. I guess the last example applies to Temptation and yet, it's just not a match. It's a party place with no noise restrictions and people want to socialize. I've enjoyed the silent disco at a cool venue before but honestly only for half an hour before moving on to the next scene. Who wants to wear earphones all night at a party?

5. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Nope.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. LEMO

LEMO Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +353 / 0
    I dunno. It sounds interesting. I have a problem if the music doesn’t match my inner beat. :) I can’t dance.

If I had my own personal music I could always be dancing, even if what the dJ was playing wasn’t my kind of music.

7. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    I bet everyone reading can figure out which word doesn't match Temptation:

Hint, it's the flavor of the resort, which Temptation isn't even if you are not LS.

8. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,108 / 2
    No interest in anything like that!!

9. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    My buddy actually owns a entertainment type company and they have the silent disco. He always wants me to have parties at my house utilizing it, and I am just say no thanks. I can't really see wearing headphones and listening to music that way while at a party. How can you talk and stuff without taking the headphones off. I just don't see how that's much fun from a interaction standpoint.

I guess I really only understand it from the EDM/Rave dance music scene. I have went to a few of these events, and no one is really talking or interacting with each other anyway. Once you got on the main floor, you literally couldn't heard a word anyone said to you unless they were talking directly into your ear. So it was just a bunch of people all messed up in their own little world. I had to go outside to smoke or downstairs to the bar before speaking to someone. I guess in that case it wouldn't matter if the party was in your own ears/head or not. It just doesn't seem like much of a fit for Temptation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Silent disco is the best disco in my opinion.
    No one ever needs to hear that shit ever again;)
    Plus my Saturday Night Fever John Travolta light blue disco/prom suit no longer fits!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice