Should We Buy The $750 Tryst Event Tickets?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by jesseandkatie, Apr 5, 2022.

1. jesseandkatie

jesseandkatie Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    We’re first timers and booked through a third party site and had no idea that the Tryst event was going on during our last two days there (staying 4/24-4/28). We contact the resort and they told us if we want to participate in anything Tryst related we had to pay $750 for an event ticket, even though we’ll only be there for two days of it.

Our question, did we make a mistake by booking during this event? Is it worth it to pay that much to participate for two days? Will any of the regular daily events/parties still be going on that we can attend if we don’t buy?

We’re just looking to make the most of our experience. We’ve been so excited for this trip!

2. Stevonia

Stevonia Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
  3. jesseandkatie

jesseandkatie Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Thanks for your input!!

4. buckeyecpl

buckeyecpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 1
    We just experienced the same situation with the Thrive takeover. We bought tickets due to fomo. We ended up not really utilizing it because we met cool couples that weren’t part of the event. If I were to do it again I would save the cash and not buy in.

5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    That is an outrageous price. At first it was $200 and then $500, shocked to hear it is $750 now. Of course the organizers of Tryst and Thrive are different people so that may have something to do with the price increase.

What I would do if I were you would be to approach the trip organizer and say… hey, looks like a fun party group you have, we are here separately and it looks like we overlap but only for 2 days. Any chance we can join a party to see what it is like? Maybe we can then book directly thru you all for next time.

I know in the past they have let people join to check it out with the hope that they then book with them next time. And have also encouraged people to invite non group attendees for the last party of the week (not sure if you are there on the front or back end).
    Hope that helps

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. AlleyCat

AlleyCat Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We just came back from Temptation and attended the Thrive party. We were able to purchase just the first 3 days. It was so fun we purchased the remaining 2 days with cash. It was well worth it to us. The DJ's were far superior to the EFX DJ's that work for Temptation and play the same music on repeat all day and night. Bash was dead by 12am every night while Thrive kept going until 4am. That being said, there is a different energy at the party that you may or may not vibe with. It is not for everyone. Try approaching the organizers in the lobby at their registration table and offering to pay for 1 day/night for $100 or whatever you feel correct. That way you can check it out for yourselves with minimal investment.

7. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    At a 50,000 ft level, what does this lean towards?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice