Short Report 1/21 thru1/28

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Dfrank, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Dfrank

Dfrank Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Sitting in Houston waiting on cancelled and delayed flights. Seems a little like GOV. However we started the week out right by being on the Boob cruise on the 23rd. Made it back to the resort and slept through the pirate cruise. Next day started a 4 1/2 day party that never ended. Meet up with 5 others couples and had a blast. Some complained about no fries at the Wimpy's . We made it happen, fries a few blocks away at Mcdonalds. That made BFFs.
    Foam party was a hoot. Maybe 35-40 people in the pool. 100 plus watching. If you were one of the 100 plus writing bogus whining reviews then it is your own fault for not participating. We were fortunate to have a good check in and nice room with balcony. I will not take time to comment on the food because it has been reviewed somewhat accurately. Nut shell, don't go on vacation to be hotel and food critic when you pay around 140.00 USD a night for a bed, Booze and the best beach in Cancun.

2. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    CCC newbie, you said it well. Thanks for taking time to write, good luck in your travels home. its snowing and a mess across the entire country, so to speak, lol

How did you book GOV? did you upgrade to balcony at check in?

3. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Nice report. Great attitude

4. somebeachsomewhere

somebeachsomewhere Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0
    Awesome.........good call on the fries lol.

5. Dfrank

Dfrank Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    We did upgrade with a little persistence. I was polite and remembered what I had learned though other post and suddenly went from a 3pm check in to a priority 2pm check in. So really my above 140.00 needs to be uncreased to around $160.00+ per night. $22.00 for upgrade. Loco Gringo was our booking agent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice