Short but On-going TR 01/16/10

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jeremiah, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are currently at the resort and decided to post a short but on-going TR;

Departure: Was supposted to leave Washington DC at 9:30am on Jan 16th but we were delayed on the tarmac awaiting air traffic to clear around Cuba due to the aircarft going into Haiti. Finally cleared to leave at 10:30am. Used JetBlue direct flight to Cancun.

Arrival: Landed 12:30 Cancun time. Termainal was extremely busy but there was no delay getting to immigration. Luggage showed up as we arrived at the baggage claims area. Sailed right through Customs without a problem (there is no longer a RED or GREEN light).

Transportation: Contracted through TTR to use TransBeach and the were waiting for us outside the terminal even though we were 45 mniutes late. Would recommend them to anyone.

Resort Arrival: Arrived at 1:30 pm and checkin took 15 minutes. Were assigned room 3302 and it is located on the third level facing the ocean directly over the sexy pool.

Air Temperature: Was in the mid 70's and by 3:00 pm it dropped to 70 and the wind increased to 15 to 20 mph.

Pool Temperature: Freezing!

Restaurants: You still have to make reservations but you can do three days in advance. Reservations are made between 10:00 am and 12 noon each day.

Occupancy: Close to full.

Jan 17th (Sunday)

Air Temperature: Was about 80 and by 2:30 pm it dropped to in the 70's and the wind increased to 20 to 25 mph in gusts.

Pool Temperature: Freezing! No one wanted to play any of the games if involved getting into the pool.

Jan 18th (Monday)

Air Temperature: Was about mid 80's all day and very pleasant.

Pool Temperature: Tolerable and everyone was in the pool having a great time. :ernaehrung005:

2. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    The day of your arrival was Saturday, right? Well, that morning it was so hot that it was hard to sit still in the chairs...had to be in the water. Not sure exactly when it cooled off but must have been after enough drinks because we were still in the pool at 4 PM. I would not say the weather was great but no rain and partly sunny every day.

Hope your weather continues to be good!

3. sunseekers

sunseekers Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They must be busy! Hope you are having a great time. We will be their a week from Sat.

4. SheikYerboottie

SheikYerboottie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for posting! Glad to hear that they are busy. This has to be one of the best all inclusive resorts I've been to, you can really feel the "vibe" as soon as you get there. Hoping to make it back this June!

5. Jeremiah

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Trip Report contiued;

Monday (Jan 18) Booze Cruise: A special thanks to Steve and his wife for coordination this event for all of us. Everyone met in the front of TTR at 9:15 am (approx 30) and boarded 3 busses for a short trip down the road to catch the boat. The cruise started alittle slow in terms of the party (guess it was a rough night). Drinks were flowing heavily however. Stopped to snorkel halfway to the island then on to island for lunch. After lunch everyone was back on teh boat for a trip to another harbor for some shopping. We started to head back to TTR around 5:00 pm. That's when the party went into overdrive. Arrived back at TTR around 6:30 pm and they dropped us of right at the TTR dock.
    Weather was perfect the entire day. :icon_mrgreen:

Tuesday to Thursday (Jan 19 - 21): Weather is perfect. In the mid 80's each day and the pool water temperature is cool in the morning but gets warmer by early afternoon. :icon_biggrin:

Lounge Chair reservation: It seems that the majority of the prime location lounges are all taken before 5:00 am. So if you want a spot that has sun all day you better get up early.

6. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thank you. What a report and not afraid to bring up an issue. When I win the lotto, my hotel will have no towel games and wil have a heated pool. T - 16 days

7. Grant & Jen

Grant & Jen Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the TR!! Can't wait!
    I just completed online check-in -- So, if all goes well, we'll be there in 24 hrs!!!

8. Jeremiah

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Trip Report (Continued);

Jan 22 - 23:
    Weather: In a word, GREAT! Low to mid 80s each day.

Pool Temperature: Warm and very pleasant.

Resort Capacity: Almost 100%.

Note: Mispoke in an earlier posting when I said the RED and GREEN lights were not used anymore. Spoke to a couple that just arrived and tey said they were RED lighted. I guess it is still in use. However the two times we came trhough it was no where in sight and all we did was place our luggage on teh belt to be x-rayed then proceeded to the the taxis. :icon_cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice