Service Dog, Customs and Transfer

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Sawyersdad, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Sawyersdad

Sawyersdad Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A quick but may be a complicated question. We will be landing in CUN on June 14 at 2:10. My wife will have her service dog with her and we have taken this service dog on 12 previous trips to Cozumel so we are familiar with what paper work is required. This year we decided to fly cheap through and fly to CUN then hop on a Mayair flight to CZM.

Does anyone know how long, approximately, it will take for processing in CUN? Our connecting flight to CZM leaves at 4:00 but we have to be there by 3:30. Will 1 hour and 20 minutes be enough to get off the plane, get through customs, then through the dog check people (whatever they are called), then hop on to a bus to get to the other terminal?

Any help is appreciated.

2. Kristen78

Kristen78 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +387 / 0
    That will depend a lot on what day/when you land. I've been 3 times so far, first time we landed around 4 on a Saturday, took us over 2 hours just to get through customs. Last two times we landed Wednesday around 2, less than 30 minutes till we were on our shuttle to the resort. IMO, I'd give myself at least 2 hours to be on the safe side (have no idea what all is involved in processing your pooch). I would think week days would be faster than weekends...

3. Sawyersdad

Sawyersdad Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, Kinda what I figured. We will be arriving at 2p on a Tuesday.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice