September/October

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by beach bound, Apr 25, 2012.

1. beach bound

beach bound Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all. My wife and I are booking an anniversary trip to Cancun for the last week of Sept 2012 and we are wondering what the Golden is like around that time. Is it crowded? Is the tiki bar/party atmosphere in high gear? Or can we expect a more laid back time? Any input from those who have been there around Sept/Oct or would otherwise be aware of the atmosphere at that time of year would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mid to late september is usually VERY laid back (last 2years ive been there). hotel is NOT at full capacity and not all the restaurant are open every night.

also, the later in the year you go, weather becomes really crappy and you will encounter more rain and cloudy days.

from past experience, i will not book past middle of september.

3. beach bound

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info. That's very disappointing. We were hoping the party would be raging while we are there. Unfortunatley we don't have too much flexibility with respect to travel dates so we will be booking for last week of September. We stayed at the Riu Caribe a few years ago in late October and the weather was great. Not really pleased with the resort though. I guess its hit or miss with weather around that time. In any case, do you (or anyone) have any suggestions for other resorts that will have a lively atmosphere last week of September? Temptation not an option as I don't think I could convince the wife to try it. Thanks

4. 808sensation

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    honestly, it all comes down to WHO IS THERE that SAME WEEK as you. like it said, it could be very boring or it could be a party like spring break!

ive stayed at oasis in mid august and its same. around those times, alot of europeans are in the resort. and most of them go out at night to party in the clubs.

5. ridewiththecav

ridewiththecav Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys me and my GF was there around that time frame last year and we still talk abut the great friends we met and the late night fun times around the Hot Tub but not really HOT. It was one of the great vacations. And we enjoyed it so much we have 7 other cpls going back with us this year. 23-29 Sep...Last yr the weather was Great and it only rained on us one day for like 15 min. I promise you all if you want to have a great time just look us up and we will have a blast our age group will be from 26-58 but, we love to party and have fun.

6. 808sensation

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what days were you there last year? i was there Sept 22-27

7. beach bound

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are officially booked. Be there Sept 25-Oct 1. Cant wait already.

8. ridewiththecav

ridewiththecav Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were there the second week of September. Beach Bound I got some pics of last yr trip of the Resort let us know if you would like to see them.

9. midwestman

midwestman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    GP Newbie...

My wife and I will be at GP for the first time the third week of October 2012. Anyone else going to be there that week? If anyone has pics from previous trips, I'd love to see them. Can't wait to be there.

10. Young_brit_couple

Young_brit_couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

Me and my partner will be there the last week of September for 2 weeks. Sooo looking forward to it. We stayed at Temptations last year and loved it. Hope we will have as much fun at GP. 4 months countdown starts today :)

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice