September 2014 Trip Report (Pearl Portion)

Discussion in 'Desire Pearl' started by GoGoBlanco, Sep 30, 2014.

1. GoGoBlanco

GoGoBlanco Banned

Ratings:
    +255 / 2
    Desire RM September 9th-23rd (The Pearl Portion)

We visited Desire RM while the pool there was being renovated, and had free daily transfers to and from Pearl between 11am and 5pm. This report deals only with our Pearl experience, the RM portion can be found under a separate thread.

What can I say; it’s just like coming home. From the very first moment we set foot in the resort, I felt like a princess. The staff here always remember our names, we get hugs & kisses, and it all feels genuine. We even saw a couple of familiar faces we had previously met at Temptation, Paloma and Yasmin, who we were also delighted to see.

The pool guys Victor & Jared, and also Danny (imported from RM for the duration) had a really tricky time trying to keep both Pearl and RM guests happy, but did a splendid job, as usual.

The entertainment team has changed since our last visit. Charlie and our beautiful Jessica are still there and have been joined by Liz, Koko (boy can this girl dance!), Vincent and Marco, who all introduced themselves on the first day, and greeted us with hugs on every subsequent day.

Lunchtimes at Pearl are totally delightful. Rudy & G still remember our likes from previous trips, and are wonderfully professional.

Saturday’s Foam Party was epic! The added crowd from RM seemed to amp up the atmosphere, and we had a blast! There is a strict “no photo” rule, but unfortunately some ignorant guests think that this doesn’t apply to them.

The Jacuzzi area now has “No Smoking” signs all around and this was being enforced, which makes us very happy, pity they don’t enforce it at RM. However, for some reason, the numbers of beds seems to be shrinking! Our last trip there were 6, the beginning of this trip there were 5, at the end only 4 and 3 of these were “reserved for Premier members” ie not being used at all !! Very, very frustrating!

On our last night we took advantage of the free night pass we received from attending the Premier presentation, and dined at the Pearl restaurant with the lovely Rocky as our waiter once again. Blanco fancied shrimp (not on the menu) and Rocky arranged to have some delicious garlic shrimp cooked especially for us. And when dessert arrived, it had “Happy Return Mr & Mrs GoGoBlanco ” written on the plate in chocolate.

After dinner there was an excellent band on in the lobby, but as in previous trips, it proved too hot to sit and enjoy the music, so we returned to the much cooler RM. If and when this problem is solved (rumours of work in January?) Pearl will be my Number 1 destination.

Now the only negative…….

We decided this trip to attend the Premier presentation, as these last few years we have pretty much only holidayed at RM, Pearl or Temptation, and think that perhaps now is the time for us to consider joining. The meeting was set up with our lovely Gloria and taken over by Monica, who was, quite frankly, aggressive and rude, and belittled our friend Gloria in front of us. This experience was at odds with our expectation of Desire, and I’m afraid I upped and left.

Apart from this ‘blip’, this trip reiterates how much we love Pearl, and how hard all the staff (who were paraded around the pool one day for us all to see and show appreciation) work to make each and every guest feel special.
    :daisy:

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the report once again! Glad you had a good time at your home from home.

Wow 6 Ents staff for an 88 room hotel. Temptation currently has 2 Ents staff for 300+ rooms!

3. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Gogo, I am sure u already know but they started the work on the lobby. They estimate being done in 28 days. I don't see how that is possible but they basically tore up the fountain area and said they were putting a stage and lounge there. Will be where the nightly entertainment will be. Still will have the disco for dancing. They also said the third restaurant will be opening next week and there will be another lounge area outside it on the roof, open air.

4. GoGoBlanco

GoGoBlanco Banned

Ratings:
    +255 / 2
    Yes we heard it's underway, about time! Looking forward to seeing it in January.
    :daisy:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice