Sens Review May 6-13, 2017

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by CancunCouple12, May 14, 2017.

1. CancunCouple12

CancunCouple12 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Just got back from Grand Oasis Sens. The reviews online had us a bit scared but we had a great experience overall. Ultimately you are responsible for your own good time so we went into it with that attitude.
    We had room 566 and the room was amazing (no balcony but we were okay) we had plenty of hot water, clean room, stocked refrigerator, working AC, awesome view!!!!, and never had an issue with the elevator. We arrived at 8:30am and had to wait for our room as we expected but were able to check in at 1:00pm and it took 5 minutes :)
    Food: we aren't picky and generally ate at the buffet for breakfast and dinner and had Hippy Chic Grill for lunch half of our stay since it was so close to the pool/beach. We did have lunch at Moonlight once and the pizza was terrific! We had dinner at Moonlight which was great - small wait but worth it (no reservation needed) and we had dinner at the Mexican restaurant and it was 3 courses and fabulous (no reservation needed).
    Once we figured the place out a bit (about 3 days in) we were happy to know there was a bar and a bathroom close to each area. Bars and bathrooms- the Wet Bar in the large pool is not easy access unless you are hanging out in that smaller pool area. Its 5' of water and personally I found it inconvenient. The beach bar is great and we enjoyed being on the beach verses the pool and using the beach bar which is also near bathrooms. The "quiet pool" (Lagoon pool) has a bar inside the restaurant and bathrooms next to Coffee To Me (Definitely get your coffee from there). The bars outside close early. The pools typically empty out around 8:00pm and the bars at the pools and beach close up at or before then too. You can continue to drink at the lobby bar until 10:30/11:00 (they have early light entertainment - piano or dancers for an hour) or you can drink at your dinner spot. The Kinky Club was the only thing happening after 11:00pm - there is a bar so you can drink there until close. So unless you are going into town to party or have your own group/ private party this is where everyone ended up. The shows weren't "bad" but they were similar night to night - 9:30-11:00 staff danced on stage, 11:00pm-12:00am staff dance at the mirrors for tips and at 12:00 midnight the DJ played dance music until 2:00am ish. During the staff show the place is standing room only but clears out fast when they finish at 11:00pm. They did have a karaoke night which lasted until midnight. On Thursdays the resort has a cruise party. Some said the boat goes to Isla Muejuies but friends on the cruise said it floated around for 2 hours and returned to the dock. You do need to sign up for the cruise and though everyone called it a pirate cruise it is not the family pirate cruise that you pay for (which is fabulous- but family oriented).
    It wasn't too difficult to find a place to sit at a pool or the beach. I went topless everyday at any pool or the beach. I also dressed scantily in the evening without issue. Only one day on the beach someone kept snapping pictures until my boyfriend asked him to stop and he did.
    Entertainment at the pool was scheduled everyday but was hard to hear (if at all) when it started so getting involved is really on you to pay attention to the time and be in the area when it starts. Staff are not very engaged with the guests and the reviews I read previously about the staff seemed true but in their defense the resort is short staffed and the staff who man the different areas and activities do it solo with little or no help. No and I do mean No music at the pools. The main pool plays music audible to the area where they have activities from about 11:00am until 4:00pm but if you sit at the outer seats and lower pool or lagoon pool areas bring your own music.
    Drinks are weak. If you can drink beer or if you add shots you will be fine. Or go in town and buy your own bottle.
    We went on the Boobs Cruise - absolutely best thing we did. Adult fun at its finest and we would have went again during our trip if it were available. VERY FUN! A MUST DO!
    I would recommend visiting Market 28 and eating at El Grande next to the downtown Flea Market. Ice Cold beer, the best chips and sauce I've ever had and better tequila which the waiter provided to us at no cost :)
    All in All - we had a great time. I enjoyed the resort even though there are many ways it could be better and the staff could be more engaged with their guests. I would stay here again :) I give it a 3.75 stars and only because the bars closed too early and their party life, other than Kinky Club, is nonexistent.

2. Dsosa11

Dsosa11 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0
    Do they have night pool ?

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  4. CancunCouple12

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Unfortunately no

5. TheGingerandTheGiant

TheGingerandTheGiant Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    The hot tubs are open! They're back behind the Schillabar Restaurant.

6. CancunCouple12

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Damn, how did I forget that !!!!

7. Ken&Lora

Ken&Lora Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Wait, so in another review I read that the hot tubs didn't see much action including security and now you are saying they are open all night........... :marshe:

8. Dsosa11

Dsosa11 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0
    Thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice