Seeking Suggestions for Aussie visiting Cancun for the first time...

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Neurokahuna, May 15, 2012.

1. Neurokahuna

Neurokahuna Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Recommendations for Aussie visiting Cancun

G'day to all you wonderful Cancun Experts,

I am really struggling making a decision about where to stay for a week in early August and I need your advice urgently so I can make a booking and pay before the Aussie $$ tanks too much more....:icon_lol:

Long story short, a Junior Suite Ocean View at RPLA is exactly the same price for me as the Golden Ocean Suite at GP. Both resorts look brilliant and both have their plusses and minuses.

Which one would be best for a single 40-something guy?

Regards,

Neuro

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  2. newcouple

newcouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    G'day mate! ;) My hubby and I have never stayed at GP but we are headed there in July. I have stayed at RPLA and can tell you firsthand, if you're looking for fun and drinking and partying, you'll be bored out of your mind there. During our stay, the crowd was mostly couples who were quiet and kept to themselves. The hotel was beautiful, perfect location, in room liquor dispensers, and great staff. But I was so bored there during the day at the pool and the hotel basically shuts down after their evening show ends at 9 or 10pm. NOT what I was looking for. If you're considering a Riu property, consider their sister hotel next door, Riu Cancun. I've been there too and it has all of the same pluses as RPLA but actually has a party crowd!! The resort even has a tiny nightclub on site that was open most nights til about 2am but was hit or miss. There were lots of singles, couples, and unfortunately for me, children. As much as I liked Riu Cancun (minus the kids), GP still seems like more fun to me!! From everything I've read, GP seems to have tons of fun games and music by the pool always (which was completely lacking at RPLA and hit or miss at Riu Cancun). GP also seems to have very friendly people who go there so it doesn't seem like it'll be hard to make friends at all. And after everything I've read about the Tiki Bar, it's good to know that my hubby and I won't have to leave the resort at night in order to continue having lots of fun!! Just the simple fact that GP has so many repeat customers seals the deal for me!! All of that being said, I am SUPER excited about going to GP and can't wait to meet lots of new friends!!! Hope I was able to help!! :D

3. Neurokahuna

Neurokahuna Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks NC,

Due to the lack of responses in the short time I had available to make a booking (Aussie dollar is tanking big time atm), I made a booking for RPLA. I recognise that RPLA is more stuffy, but I figured I can find the fun at the Cancun when and if I am seeking it...and it is close to the clubs ( a big plus for me - especially The City).

Tiki Bar sounds the business though, that's for sure.:mnm:

Based on what you have told me, I might try and change it to GP now... ;-)

4. newcouple

newcouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh no, sorry to be Debbie downer!! . And I'm sorry to be so anti RPLA, I just know that this is not the place for a single guy in his 40's looking to have fun. It is honestly all couples who are looking to relax i.e. sit quietly reading books by the pool. And a few people have told me on another forum that GP is like a spring break for adults. Can't wait!!!  You've mentioned that a big plus with RPLA is being near the nightclubs, which is true. However, buses run up and down the hotel zone frequently. And at night the buses are filled with fellow partiers from the hotels who want to go to the nightclub scene. It is 100% safe! Also, I've read that GP has staff members who take people into town for a night of fun. From my experience at all hotels, the way this works is each night a few fun staff members take people from the hotel to a certain nightclub. The club you go to changes nightly. It costs (from memory) about $40-50 US dollars and includes VIP service with all drinks included! You're responsible for finding your way back to the hotel but once again, the buses are frequent and 100% safe! Plus, I'm sure you'll find fellow GP people who are making their way back to the hotel too! Lol. So if getting to and from nightclubs is a concern for you, NO worries!! I would honestly make the switch from RPLA to GP!! And btw, don't forget to to go to Coco Bongo, that club is amazing!! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice