Seeking Quality Hair Stylist

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunWordWhiz, Jun 30, 2009.

1. CancunWordWhiz

CancunWordWhiz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hola mis amigas!

Do any of you ladies know of a quality hairstylist in Cancun who uses both modern and older haircutting techniques (i.e., a round cut) and who can do subtle, blonde highlights?

I hope to find a stylist who can cut blended layers in long, thick, coarse hair without making the hair look choppy or uneven and who can do highlights without making hair look brassy or orange. In some places I've lived, it's been difficult to find someone like this.

If you know of a quality hairstylist here in Cancun, please email me her/his contact information.

Bad hair stories are welcome. :)

Muchas gracias!

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lots of people recommend Jacques at Place Jadelle on Bonampak. The web site is a disaster...but you can find the tel number there:
    http://www.placejadelle.net/ing/

3. CancunWordWhiz

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks!

RiverGirl!!!!

4. CancunWordWhiz

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oops

Nevermind...

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    FYI, you can go back in and edit out those pesky typos from your old posts...

If you go to Jacques let me know how you like his work. I meant to go see him before I traveled, but never got it together. He's done a nice job on many of my friends. But I haven't been to him yet, I've just willed my hair to stop growing instead, not that's it's listened to me...

6. heatandsun

heatandsun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went to Jacques once. I loved the cut he gave me, probably the best in my life.

However, the color technician absolutely made a mess of my hair - I made it very clear I did not want it to be dark, and was assured it would not be. It was almost BLACK, and they blamed the underlying color (which was washed out brown). I feel that they left me too long with the color on - I got a pedicure while waiting for the color to take effect (at their assurance it would be ok). The pedicure went on forever - was very nice, but I knew my hair was being colored for too long.

I was so upset that I never went back. And I've since had $15 color and cut done here on the island, with the results I expect - so I don't buy the 'underlying color' explanation. Recommend you don't book anything else while you're there if you're doing color.

And make sure you get Jacques himself, he is a talented stylist.

7. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jaques Has been cutting my hair for almost 12 years,I have never had a bad haircut.
    As for color,I rarely color my hair but I do have a girl that has colored my hair several times and she comes to me, if your interested PM me and I will give you her Cel #

8. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    The stylist inPlaza Kukulkan - he is Italian and very easy on the eye !!!!!
    Great cut but expensive.
    Tracey

9. CancunWordWhiz

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Many Thanks

Thanks so much for your Referrals and experiences.

Geez, bad news on the overextended hair color. Thanks for the heads-up. Maybe I won't have color done there...

I'll keep you posted on haircut results (or I'll show you - ha, ha) if and when I go to see Jacques.

10. ghafner

ghafner Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    jacques

Yes, Jacques is a wonderful stylist! I also had good luck with the color, but Jacques helped me work with the colorist--
    hope it goes well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice