secrets Silversands

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by gt236, Mar 12, 2010.

1. gt236

gt236 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boy am I confused....I need help. I just read a ton of reviews for this place and there are negatives that to me are major. Several had talked about the sewage smell in a couple of the buildings, in the lobby and sport's bar. Anyone been there?
    Second, they said the liquor is low grade or the top shelf is always gone, the bottles empty...all the time.
    The beach is poor for swimming and next to impossible to get a chair at the pool after 9 AM.
    Anyone want to talk to these issues? Thanks.

2. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are reasons why its bee so "cheap" to go there, considering the prices that they started at. We have not been either, but all the bad reviews made us go another direction when we stayed in the Playa area back in Oct and Dec.

3. McFil

McFil Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we just got back from silversands this past tuesday and the resort was absolutely GORGEOUS! i DID notice a slight stench in the openair hallway outside our third floor room but didnt notice it anywhere else. the room did not smell AT ALL! the rooms were immaculate and the nicest rooms we've stayed in....nicer than el dorado, excellence riviera, etc...

we didnt order top shelf drinks but noticed bottles at the bars...no one around us seemed to complain. the beach is very narrow and nice for laying out on but the ocean there is sea grass beds...and rocky. if you want a beautiful beach/ocean go to tulum....the grand sirenis is nice but not all adult and the resort is not as nice as silversands.

i LOVED silversands....the service was amazing, the restaurants were beautifully decorated, very romantic, and the food was awesome! next time we go, we're booking the same place!!! LOVED IT!!!

4. gt236

gt236 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you!

:fish:We've already decided not to go there because of the beach mostly.
    Now we are looking at Secrets Capri. Can't find anything negative about it...just OK with everything.
    Any comments or suggestions...esp. about rooms or buildings...would love to be able to see the sun rise in the morning w/o having to leave the room.
    Anything about what not to do also. We don't plan on leaving the resoprt...been there, done that.
    Thanks for any help.

5. agvet1993

agvet1993 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We has stayed at Silversands. Other than the beach it was great. We have also stayed at Secrets Maroma Beach - Everything there was wonderfull. Best beach we have ever been on.

6. McFil

McFil Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we originally booked secrets capri but changed it to silversands because its a lot newer and looked nicer in the pics. plus we like the idea of it being modern as opposed to the colonial style of capri. if you want a nice beach stay in maroma or tulum. no resort is going to be perfect. yeah, some people will find anything to complain about but you can't always trust what you read on trip advisor. i personally had NOT ONE complaint about silversands and we've been to mexico 10 times now and stayed in some of the nicest resorts there. we liked it so much we're going back in june!

7. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thats great to hear! Always nice to get first hand reports from real people.

We are massive beach lovers, and enjoy the water as well. A big strike against Silversands for us, but there are soooooo many great beaches in the Playa area, up and down the coast!

8. agvet1993

agvet1993 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Secrets Maroma Beach rocks. The beach is fantastic. They cook lunch on the beach. The also have food carts that come by the pools at different times. Sushi rolls, carnitas(shaved pork tacos), ice cream sandwichs in the afternoon.

The only downfall is that its a $30 cab ride to playa both ways. So we just stayed on the resort.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice