Scuba? Anything Close?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by mrhammy, Feb 16, 2020.

1. mrhammy

mrhammy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    I am so looking forward to returning but also want to spend some time underwater, any options without taking a cab every day? Hey, i dont want to spend all my time diving but hey that warm water is not available at home

2. Hot4teacher

Hot4teacher Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    Scuba Total Cancún is 1/2 mile from the resort. I have used them before and they were great!

3. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +422 / 1
    we used the same operator as above. Very short walk over, and very professional. We left at about 10:30, and were back in the pool by 3:00.

4. oc_couple

oc_couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    How is the scuba-ing in the area? I’m going early April and might want to try and work this in.

5. Hot4teacher

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    It’s good. Depends on which places they take you. There are some good drift dives and a couple of good wrecks. There is also the underwater museum but that tends to have a lot of people all the time.

6. SUPnSun

Ratings:
    +422 / 1
    We did a quick one out to the Musa (underwater museum) and a reef. Both were fun, and neither was busy the day we went.

we’re just looking into some dives for our next trip and will look at the same operator.

7. oc_couple

oc_couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Sounds awesome! I’ve done some open water dives, but never did any wrecks or got wreck certified. Would that be an issue doing the wreck dive in Cancun?

8. Hot4teacher

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    I would email them and ask. Not sure if they require the wreck certification or not. I know the sites are 80+ feet so you may need advanced open water.

9. SUPnSun

Ratings:
    +422 / 1
    Yeah... we are new divers and they were trying to get us to book a wreck dive later in the week. So like a lot of Scuba your responsible for yourself. I think we’ll do another couple of reef dives when we’re down.

10. Captain Blue Eyes

Captain Blue Eyes I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 0
    I've been diving in the area for over 10 years and there is some good dives around.

If you want a fairly quick day (and not miss too much of the action around the pool) I would suggest you stick to the shallower dives around Isla Mujeres. As some have said there are several dive shops close (We miss Boris who used to be based out of the resort!!!! - Bring him back! ….rant over) and they will get out out there and back in pretty good time.

If you are advanced open water certified, there are probably more interesting dives outside the reef (think east of the point) but you will be more likely be in a drift dive. That is also where the wrecks are which are as stated about 80 ft.

If you are serious enough for a full day diving, I suggest you connect with USA Transfers for an early morning trip to Playa Del Carmen and a ferry ride over to Cozumel. 4 of us did that one day. Outstanding diving and we were back at the resort about supper time.

I'll be likely doing some diving the week of April 19 - 25 when I'm there if anyone else is looking for others to go with.

Also.....as SUPnSun stated.....you're responsible for yourself. Dive safely and take care of you and your buddy always!
    :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice