Santa Fe, New Mexico

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Purvis1, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Purvis1

Purvis1 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Going to Santa Fe in September for 10 days. Anyone have suggestions on where to stay and what to do. Never been before and just looking for some Santa Fe newbie information. Thanks!!!

2. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. raretail

raretail Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    stay right in main square. You can walk to everything, shopping restaurants. Crafts people selling everything. It is a beautiful town.

4. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I was there in...2001. I agree that the main square has lots already within walking distance. Isn't there an area along one of the streets where many local native Americans sell their wares spread out on blankets?

I think that while you can get many things at a better price away from the city itself, you can still get good examples of the better-known crafts all around Santa Fe: indian blankets, pottery, and kachina dolls. My family and I loaded up on these while we were driving the Southwest, and there are many shops in Santa Fe featuring them. Do it! Doooooooooo it!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice