Salon

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Laura Mapchick, May 19, 2008.

1. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a freind who wants recommendations on a good salon in downtown Cancun for pedicures,waxing and all that jazz. Any tips?

2. gjp

gjp Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I always used Dharma Spa at Plaza Infinity. At last report (last year) they didn't do hair but good pedis, manis, facials and waxing. Very reasonable. I think about the only one that spoke English was the owner, Monica, but it's not too tough to manage if your friend's Spanish is limited. I don't have my phone anymore, but maybe Elizabeth will pop on and give a telephone number.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have no idea of the name of the place but my ex always went, and I always paid, to Plaza Nayan Dei just before the bull ring. Walk straight between the 2 buildings and you will run right into it.

Stop at the restaurant with the unusual name, Hole, for a really good burger.

4. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It might be: 898-4725

But ... I may be wrong. I can't read my scribble.

5. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks ladies,... and T.J.! :)

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If I had the money, I would love to check out the Grand Spa downtown, haven't tried it yet but it looks great.

http://www.grandspacancun.com.mx/espanol/
    Telephone: 884 - 5248
    Services:
    Hydrotherapy
    Suite Spa
    Beauty Salon Spa
    Boutique Spa
    Zen Garden
    Lockers
    Open air massages
    Spinning
    Yoga

7. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    spa

When I first moved to cancun and was single with lots of disposable income i went weekly for a massage, manicure facial etc. I was totally metro! It was to a small salon on nader Estetitica Nader however Sylvia and her co workers have opened up a new salon in the big blue building on Nader where you get mexican passports. It is not fancy but, $220 pesos for a massage and really reasonable prices on everything else is great.

8. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Place Jadelle, you will have the best pedicures in a nice place while you are spoil and offered to take water, coke, wine and much more.

9. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you want to be treated like a Queen AND still have a manicure and pedicure, Place Jadelle on Bonampak is the place. I have been there for 10 years now and always treated so nicely, besides having the most professional manicure and pedicure you could get. The only problem is reserving 3 hours for the treatments....AHHHHH life is good in Paradise!

10. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You know, I am sorry to do this because I did receive at least one nice pedicure at J'Adelle, but besides that, I will never go back there. A friend of mine just confirmed my same feelings and I hadn't even gotten a chance to complain to her so she had no clue of my feelings.

The last 3 pedicures I got were horrible and their prices are too expensive for the crap job they did. The manicures I got there were worse than the pedicures. Not the place to go for acrylic nails.

Just telling you my experiences, but I found that I could get better peidcures for cheaper. They didn't have all the froo froo but who needs it. It's your feet we are talking about.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice